twenty three

"I feel great," I smile, the doctor taken aback by my reaction. I'm so happy and pleased with how everything has been going.

"It's been eight months since we started the new prosthetic and it's been working well for you?" he asks, my head nodding.

Eight months. The time has gone so fast because little did I know that same afternoon that I had gotten this new prosthetic, I met the girl of my dreams.

"Alright. You have physical therapy now so let's get you out of here," he grins, my hand shaking his. I get up and walk out of the building, walking down to physical therapy.

We get started and I'm trying to run on the treadmill for the first time, dealing with a whole new side of pain I've never had. The therapist slows the treadmill to a slower pace and I walk, my hand pulling the beanie tighter on my head.

"Alright, let's go over here," he says, my head nodding. I step off the treadmill and start more exercises, getting through a new set of stretches.

When I'm done, I shower and go to my house. Then I take off my shirt and start to paint, my mind moving to Allie. I smile just thinking about her and I keep painting. She had told me she'd call me today on her break, but it gets busy there so I'm sure she had a quick break.

I leave her a voicemail telling her I'll call later to meet up, hanging up and continuing to paint. The time passes and I finish up my new painting, leaving it to dry for the night.

Then I call Allie again and I get her voicemail again, this time I tell her I'll be at her place in twenty minutes. Then I begin my walk, getting to her place. I take the key she gave me and open up the apartment, calling her name. The apartment is empty and I call her again, telling her I'm beginning to worry.

Rushing down the street, I get to Chaser's and look around, spotting Jess. I walk towards her and she looks up.

"Where is she?" I ask, her eyebrows frowning.

"Doing her job. I sent her to get the new shipment from the local distributor like she does every week. Relax, Harry," she says, my jaw clenching.

I walk out and sit on the bench outside, waiting as long as I can before it's considered 'loitering'. I send her a text and tell her I'll be home if she wants to come over after work. My feet walk up to my place and I start making myself something to eat. The worry running through me is nearly too much and I fear something has happened. Something doesn't feel right.

My night is long and I try relax but I call her one more time, but I get voicemail once more. It's hard to relax and I sit back on my couch, waiting if she comes here.

My phone blares through the room and I frown, not realizing I fell asleep. I look around and grab my phone, hoping to see her name. But it's an unknown number. I choose to answer it anyway.

"Hello?" I say carefully, not knowing what I'm getting in to.

"Harry," I hear someone cry, my eyebrows frowning. The phone shuffles and I get a more clearer male voice over the phone.

"Harry, it's John," he says, my hand pulling the phone away from my ear. Why is Allie's father calling me?

"Hi, is everything alright?" I ask, his deep breathing heard on the other end.

"I-It's Allison," he manages to get out. "She's been in an accident."

My heart drops and I get up, grabbing my coat and keys. "Where is she?" I rush, slamming my door and locking it. I rush onto the street and nearly lose it when he says the hospital. I hang up and run up the street, not caring about the pain. I need my Allie.

I get in and ask for her name, then I'm directed upstairs to the ICU. My heart is breaking and I run around before I see her parents, the two of them in tears. Her father sees me and he whispers something to his wife, his hand grabbing my shoulder.

"Where is she?" I rush, his hand leading me down the hallway.

"We haven't been allowed in. The police...contacted us only an hour ago. I need you to know what is going on before we see her," he says, his voice shaky.

"She was in a taxi accident. Her taxi was hit and she got most of the impact," he sniffs, my heart stopping. "She was barely breathing so she's on life support."

My heart fills like it was just ripped out of my chest; pain infiltrating my body. I'm numb and he grabs my arms, stabilizing me.

"She can't leave us," I say, but I mainly mean me. I know he's her father, but she's all I have.

"We just finished surgery," a doctor says, my head looking at him. "She's going t need a lot of recovery. She's in a coma; on life support. But her vital signs are stable so there is hope."

My eyes start to tear up and I just beg to see her, the doctor leading us to her room. "Go first," her father says, my head nodding. "I'll give you a few minutes."

As I open the door, I hear oxygen pumping and beeps, my hand dropping my coat. Then I see her, her bruised body in my sight. My eyebrows frown and I try everything to not collapse and scream, my hands grabbing her arms and burying my head in her neck. I hold myself up and cry, broken and torn that my beautiful girl is hurt.

"Don't take her away," I cry, looking up. "Please. She's all I have."

Her mouth is parted with a tube running through her, my body falling into the chair beside her bed. I grab her hand and hold it, her fingers cold.

"I love you so much, Allie. Please, for me," I whisper, setting her hand on my cheek. My tears blur my vision and I hate myself for not doing anything despite thinking anything was wrong.

"I want you to be by my side the rest of my life and I need you. You save me from myself and I can't think of a day going by without talking to you. Please come back to me," I beg, her face unmoving. She's bruised but still manages to be perfect. In my eyes she's beautiful, no matter what. That's what love does to me, and it also make me certain I won't go a day without being right beside her, loving her until she wakes up.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo