twenty four

The door slamming wakes me up, my head lifting from the hospital bed. I don't remember spending a day without Allie, ever leaving. The doctors have allowed me to stay a few nights a week, really bending the rules, and I'm so thankful despite how uncomfortable I have to lay.

"Any progress?" Derek asks, my head shaking.

He sighs and takes a seat, my hand grabbing my beanie. I shove my messy hair up into the cap and I keep my hand on Allie's, not wanting to let go.

"I have a question for you," I say, his head nodding.

"When she wakes up," I start and he makes a face. I know saying she'll wake up is still unknown, but I can't think about her not doing so. She will. "Can I have her move in with me? I can't imagine...I just want to take care of her."

He seems taken aback by my question and he cups his chin, scratching his cheek.

"I don't know Harry," he starts. "I thank you for asking me but she's my sister. She should be with her family."

"Derek, I can't live without her anymore," I rush out, his eyes looking into mine. "She's all I got. All I want. I-I can take care of her better than anyone because of it."

I look back up at her, her bruising lessening. All she has is a little purple around her eye and a little on her jaw. She's so beautiful, even with the tubes and everything.

My hand brings hers to my lips and I kiss the cool fingers, her small fingers staying tightly held in mine.

"God, Harry, I just want you to be there for her. I'm so worried she'll end up dating a douchebag but you're nothing like that. Your relationship is going fast but seeing you unable to leave her side like this makes me know you're so serious," he explains, my hand tightening around Allie's.

"But yeah, she can stay with you. I'll help move her stuff in with you, put some in storage. We can do it whenever you want," he says, my eyes dropping to Allie's hand. I even painted her nails the other day, just so when she wakes up, she'll have the simple touch.

Derek spends the day and I unfortunately can't stay the night, my body getting up. I lean down and kiss over her face, whispering I love her. I let her go and walk out of the hospital, getting into my car and driving back to my apartment.

I bought a car shortly after her accident. Her accident brought me to think I need a car to make sure I get places safely. As for when Allie wakes up, I'll be able to drive her wherever she needs to be.

My hand shuts off the car and I walk up to my apartment, my hand unlocking my door as I walk in. I lock it up and immediately go to my second room, opening it up. I start moving my paintings out of it and put it in my studio room, thinking about my night with Allie in here.

Shit, I miss her so much. She has my heart and if I lose it, that means I lost her.

I hear my doorbell ring and I close the room up, going out and unlocking the door. Jess stands on the other side and I frown, her hand stopping the door before I close it.

"I just want to talk to you," she says, my lips releasing a sigh.

"I'm not in the mood to talk," I tell her, but she rushes to me and hugs me. I stumble back and barely touch her before she pulls away.

"I'm so sorry. It's my fault it happened. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have been out there. She wouldn't have left the store," she rushes, starting to cry.

"Jess, just...don't blame it on yourself. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time," I sigh, her hand wiping her tears.

"But she's on life support. That will haunt me forever. That I led someone to such a serious accident," she cries, my lips releasing a sigh before I wrap my arms around her. I'm not one for comforting others in a time of need, but I've come so used to it since I met Allie.

"She'll be okay. My Allie's a fighter," I say, her head nodding.

She pulls away and I invite her to stay for dinner, just to take her mind off the accident. I make some spaghetti and she talks about her engagement, her excitement clear. I knew I wasn't the one for her later on, but I'm mature enough to be happy for her.

By the end of the night, Jess gives me one last hug before she leaves. I close the door behind her and get back to cleaning out my spare room, ending up collapsing on my bed afterwards.

Then I get up to shower, trying not to think about what may happen tonight if I'm not with Allie. So I try to sleep but nothing comes for me. I'm out of bed by seven and I make myself a cup of coffee, taking it to-go and getting to my car after I change.

I drive to the flower shop and buy her flowers, driving to the hospital. As I walk the halls of the hospital, I make my way up and then walk into her room. My eyes widen when I no longer see the life support there. Her machines are still beeping and I run out, asking the first nurse I see.

"She's back to being able to function independently, but she's still comatose."

With a nod, I walk in and set her flowers on her table. Then I lean over her and start kissing her neck and face.

"Oh, baby, halfway there. I'm right here for you," I whisper, and I sit back. I put her new flowers in the vase and throw the old ones out. I then put warm socks on her feet, knowing the room does get cold. Once a blanket is over her, I sit beside her and admire her. There is nothing that could pull me away from her. I'm so in love with her and I always will love her.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo