thirty eight

"You are so naughty," I say to Collette, her grabby hands holding onto the end of the toilet paper and unrolling it around the house.

I lift the two year old and set her on the couch, my voice calling to Sophia. She comes skipping into the room, her curls bouncing as she does so.

"Take this upstairs to mom," I say, handing her a yogurt and spoon. She runs upstairs and I run into the living room, catching Collette right before she falls face first onto the ground. I lift her and she laughs, my lips puffing out a deep sigh. But I smile, her giggling making me happy.

"Daddy, mommy says she wants to talk to you," Sophia calls, my head turning to look at her.

"Okay. You make sure she doesn't fall down too bad," I tell her, her head nodding. Sophia takes Collette into the playroom and I rush up to the bedroom.

I smile, Allie cradling the newest baby girl in our family. Who would have thought I have three daughters? Not to mention a beautiful wife. I have four girls. And I love them all.

"Take her, please," she says, my arms lifting Maura into my arms.

"I have to shower. I have stuff on me that I just..." she shakes, my lips pressing to her forehead.

"You relax. I'm downstairs," I say, her head nodding. She kisses me and I go back downstairs, calling Sophia and Collette into the room. We watch a princess show and I hold the week old baby in my arms, her rosy cheeks soft to the touch.

"Daddy, I want to hold her," Sophia says, my arms moving Maura. Once she's laid in her arms, I help hold her up and Sophia smiles when Maura reaches up. Collette grabs her hands and I tell them both to be gentle.

Allie walks down soon after and Collette runs into the kitchen to be with Allie, the two staying in the kitchen. Then Allie comes and sits on the couch, lifting Collette into her lap. I admire the girls, my eyes taking in the beautiful sight.

Both Collette and Sophia have brown curls and blue eyes, but little Maura has bright hair. I feel like she'll be blonde, but I'm still hopeful her eyes will turn green.

"Mommy she's the good princess," Collette points, Allie looking at the screen fascinated. Collette wraps her arms around Allie's neck and I smile, my head leaning down to kiss Sophia's head. I take Maura back into my arms and Sophia curls into my side, my arm wrapping around her shoulders.

Due to the rain, we have a pretty relaxing day in the house. We're usually running outside for hours and the girls never seem to get tired.

I put Collette to bed and get Sophia as well, the two fast asleep on the couch. Then I walk back out to Allie and Maura, Maura looking around the room. My arm wraps around Allie's shoulders and she looks up at me, my lips pressing to hers.

"Hi baby," I say, her blue eyes bright.

"Hi handsome," she smiles, my lips pressing to her cheek. I move my finger and Maura grabs it, her little fingers wrapping around the entire finger. She's gorgeous. All my girls are.

"Little girl," I laugh, Maura putting my finger in her mouth. But I move it so I can play with her lips, poking them up and down. Allie laughs and I smile, leaning my head on Allie's, my life absolutely perfect.

"Thank you for saving me," I whisper in Allie's ear, her head leaning up so my nose brushes her.

"You know I'd give you everything," she whispers, my lips pressing to hers.

"My God, I just... I had nothing," I reminisce, my hand grabbing her cheek. "Allie, I can't thank you enough."

"You are my life now," she whispers, my thumb brushing against her cheek. "Along with my three girls, I feel complete."

I smile and nod, kissing her one more time. Then I take Maura into my arms and hug her close to me, my lips pressing to her hair. She starts to droop her eyes and I get her to sleep, her sleeping form staying my arms until Allie and I go to bed.

~*~

I walk through the halls to get to Sophia's dance recital, my surprise hopefully going to be good. There was another training session I went to and I've been away for about six months. It's the first time I've been away from my girls since Maura was born and she's three now.

My combat suit is still on my body and I watch through the window, my little girl so beautiful. I smile when I look into the crowd and see Allie, holding Maura on her lap and Collette sitting beside her. They finish and I stay here until the end of the recital, my hand opening the door when Sophia runs to Allie.

"That was an amazing show," I say, Sophia turning her head. All my girls look up at me and Sophia is the first to run, my arms lifting her up. She hugs me close and cries, my arms hugging her. A lot of parents are looking at us in admiration, my wholeness with my girls growing. I lean down and manage to get Collette up onto my body, her arms around my neck.

"Daddy, I've missed you," Sophia says, my lips pressing to her forehead.

"Me too," Collette says, my lips pressing to her forehead.

"Daddy is home," Maura says, my lips curving. I set Collette and Sophia down to crouch and lift Maura, kissing her chubby cheeks.

"Hi baby," I say, her laugh beautiful. Collette and Sophia hug me still and I reach out to Allie, pulling her close and kissing her cheek.

"Welcome home, baby," she grins, my eyes taking in the beautiful woman. She's so perfect.

We all get back into the car, my girls filling me in on everything. Allie and I are laughing the entire time they're talking and I find myself so happy to be home. Everything is perfect now.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!!!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo