Attempt #2

Today, Michael was going to an arcade. It wasn't anything fancy, and it was the last place someone would expect to be proposed to or at, which is exactly why he chose that specific area. Or to be precise, Dave & Busters, the coolest arcade he could think of.

It was difficult explaining to security at checkout what the camera was for, but they eventually gave in when recognizing Michael for one of his pranks. Apparently, his daughter watches them all the time whenever she's sad, and Michael felt happy because he was doing some sort of community service, or whatever the hell you would call it.

"Thank you," Michael muttered under his breath, just before getting into his confident state and walking around to find somebody decent. It always depended on his opinions and his surroundings, and usually there are a lot of girls at the arcade, but he couldn't find any that weren't too busy playing one of the zombie games.

So, he decided he'd propose to a guy this time, and that would really make the views skyrocket, in the same way it'd make all the comments say faggot, or bruh, this is gay as fuck. Which was accurate, because he was a homosexual, and comments like those didn't bother him because they were true. If they weren't, on the other hand, he'd be pissed.

Michael chose a nerdy looking guy to propose to. He had large circular glasses, messy blonde hair, and he wore suspenders. This was definitely the perfect person to prank, and it wasn't intended to be mean, either.

"Hey, what's your name?" Michael quirked, sliding into the seat next to the geeky boy who was quietly eating his French Fries covered in ketchup. "Uh, my name is Nicolas, but I go by Nico."

"Nice," the pale boy chuckled, asking if he could steal one of Nico's French Fries, who surprisingly said yes. Now it was time for the prank. Michael made sure that Nico wasn't looking when he gave the cameraman a thumbs up, and he watched as Nico focused down at his food in front of him rather than the guy sitting beside him.

"So Nico, you're really attractive, and like, I've seen you a couple of times before and we've talked about growing old together. I don't know if you remember that or not, but I was thinking about us, and what I want to happen in the future, and if there's a possibility that you'd say yes to this question, then I swear I'd be the happiest man alive," Michael licked his lips before getting down on one knee, "will you marry me?"

"What in the fuck?" Nico asked, choking on one of his French Fries. Michael smiled awkwardly as tons of random faces filled the room, making all tension in the air seem transparent, but also incredibly visible. Please say yes, Michael hoped, knowing that a yes would make his pranks seem less boring. "Dude, that was so gay."

"So you won't marry me?" Michael frowned, rubbing his thumb against the blue velvet box, "I really want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"I have a girlfriend," Nico warned, getting into a fighting position, and he suddenly didn't seem so nerdy anymore. Only buff. Who knew a guy who shared his food could be so mean?

Michael watched as people began to leave the area with sad smiles on their faces, or sympathetic stares, and once it was decently clear, aside from the people recording on their iPhones, he began laughing. "Okay, please don't actually fight me. Do you see that camera over there?"

The cameraman stepped out with a small smile on his face. "Uh yeah, the dude with a unicorn's horn on his head, holding a camera?"

"That's the one," Michael smiled back, "I'm just letting you know that this is a prank and it's for YouTube."

"Damn, you got me there," Nico held his fist out for Michael to bump, and so the boy did. Even if he wasn't really used to things like that. The red haired boy then walked over to the camera, placing his hand against his flushed and embarrassed cheeks. "Well, stay tuned for tomorrow's prank, because I'm determined to get somebody to say yes. Also, if you're new to this channel, my name is Michael Clifford, and I'm the king of proposing to random strangers, and don't forget to give this video a like and hit the subscribe button if you liked this kind of content. Bye!"

Michael felt exhausted after announcing into the camera that he failed again. It was the same old ritual.

He only hoped that tomorrow would be better.

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

I told you I'd double update lmao.