Sorting and a very odd meeting - Luna

Luna P.O.V

The doors open to one of my old friends. Minerva McGonagall. She strode there tall with black hair and emerald-green robes. She had a stern face she hasn't changed since she was here last, harry or little James looked frighten of her. "The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid said. "Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here". Jessica and I walk side by side, all the first years looked amazed what they see, the stone walks were lit by torches which match the ones in Gringotts, the ceiling was so high sometimes you think there is no roof. A nice marble staircase. We followed McGonagall and we started to hear hundreds of people, all the first years looked scared it was kind of funny. "Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. "The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Raven claw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. "The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall.

"Please wait quietly. "She left the chamber. Harry swallowed. "How exactly do they sort us into houses?" he asked Ron. "Some sort of test, I think. Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking." I laughed at that because Rowena did think of a test but it never worried out. Hermione was letting me all these spells, and I was barely paying attention cause the boy how looked like Lucius Malfoys. He walked over to Harry. "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. I see you were with the wrong kind" he took his hand out to shake it. "I know the different from the wrong kind" harry said and Draco walked right into Hermione, Jessica and me. "I don't see how he could, judging by who his friends are" Jessica whispers to me and I surprises a small laugh which makes her smirk. He looked at Hermione in disgust and smirks at Jessica. "What you smirking at Black???!!!!" Draco said to Jessica. "I don't know? Maybe seeing people getting rejected from you is kinda funny!!" Jessica said and smirk again. "You wish you never Lived Black, your lucky we are related, cause mother is quite fond of you. if you weren't related you would be dead before you enter those doors." Draco said while walking away. "In your dreams, Blonde basted! And btw your mother would rather have me as her child, then you and quite frankly I don't blame her, seeing how you are"

People started screaming and I just rolled my eyes at Jessica, "Their just Ghost's!" and then I heard Jessica giggle. That was scary, Snape's daughter giggled! Friar a friend who was in Hufflepuff when I was helped some professors on my travel. "Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance..." "My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost. I say, what are you all doing here?" A ghost wearing a ruff and tights had suddenly noticed the first years. Nobody answered. "New students!" said Friar, smiling around at them. "About to be Sorted, I suppose?" some people at yes some shock their heads while Hermione shook her head so much it could of fell off! "Hope to see you in Hufflepuff!" said the Friar. "My old house, you know." McGonagall came in just our luck! "Move along now," she said in a sharp voice. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start." Professor McGonagall had returned. One by one, the ghosts floated away through the opposite wall. "Now, form a line," Professor McGonagall told the first years, and follow me." We walked down in pair and I walked with Jessica because Hermione was talking to some random person about a random thing. The four table which had each house on it, with golden plates and goblets. Above all of that, there was floating candles! All the first years looked scared for their life, but Jessica wouldn't show it, she is such a Snape! We stopped at a halt. Hundreds of faces were staring at use wondering which lucky ones would join their house. Then I just heard Hermione talk again pointing to the roof. "Its bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History."