Chapter Three

Faith retreated to the cafeteria on the first floor

 Faith retreated to the cafeteria on the first floor. The aroma of raspberry and caramel wafted around her deep blonde hair. Her mouth yearned the titillating sweetness of the caramel snickerdoodles and mini square raspberry mouse pies calling her name at the service counter however she blocked the sensation to devour the sweet treats. The mental image of herself in an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini big enough to cover the spots walking along the tepid sand in Monaco gave her the willpower to keep walking past the buffet tables.

She pulled two, crisply folded, dollars out the pocket of her black leather mini skirt. The vending machine drew the paper in like a thirsty child sucking down water from a straw after a game of 'hide and seek'. Her hand fluttered over the lighted buttons: Sprite, Coke, and lemonade. Her mind flip-flopped more than Mitt Romney during the 2012 Presidential election. Sprite was the perfect mixture of lemon and lime; coke was the strong brown elixir of vanilla, caffeine, and caramel; but the lemonade was the tasteful concoction of tart lemons and sweet cane sugar. Caramel, Caramel, Caramel bounced around in her head. It was the snickerdoodles wreaking havoc on her taste buds. Lemonade it was. She jammed the button down.

A hand slid across her waist, then fluttered to her stomach. It slivered up her torso like a snake until it cupped her plump breast. Her skin shuttered, her stomach raged like a thunderstorm resting over Houston in springtime.

 "What color is it?" His husky voice throbbed in her ear.

The can clack to the bottom of the machine and she jumped causing her body to cling closer to his.

"The color is none of your fucking business." Faith pushed the man's hand off her breast, "And the trim is bastard don't touch me."

She didn't have to turn around to know who it was. His coffee enthralled breath tainted her nose giving away his identity.

"What do you want Fulton?" She turned around in the cubically tight space.

Faith turned her face to the wall avoiding his penetrating eyes, undressing her body, torturing her soul. Her heart raced faster than the cars at Daytona. It wasn't fear that pumped in her body. It was rage; pure and simple.

"Faith, my love." He grazed his finger along the velvety soft skin of her collarbone. "After all, these months do you still have to ask?"

"It's not going to happen." She flicked his finger off her neck. "If you touch me one more time, God himself won't be able to stop me from slitting your throat." She snarled with narrowed eyes.

He stepped back, looked at her with lips that curved up. Then a laugh spilled from his throat; a filthy, cocky, distasteful laugh.

"It's not funny!" She leaned into him so close her lips almost touched his earlobe. "Wait here. Let me go get that knife." She pulled back leaning against the vending machine. "It'll just take a moment." She shoved his arm with her shoulder-squeezing pass his body blocking the doorway.

 His laughter was gone; there wasn't even a smile on his face. It now displayed a picture of terror. He stood there in shock. Bumps from two juniors rushing to the vending machines brought him back.

 "Free soda!" Dalton Fallston's long blonde hair swung in the air as he grabbed the can out the vending machine.

 "It's lemonade, bruh." Blair Cunningham replied with a frown on his caramel face.

  "It's free." Dalton popped the can's top. "My dad decreased my stipend. So, free is good." He winked.

 "It's not free." The boys jumped at the sound of Dr. Fulton's voice behind them. They didn't see him before. "You didn't buy it. It's stealing. But somethings...the things you steal are sweet until you use it up." Dr. Fulton said reminiscing about what he stole from Faith. Her innocents, virtue, sex. It was good while it lasted he thought to himself as he turned away.

 Dalton swallowed the lemony beverage, "Fuck you, Fulton! Shouldn't you be on campus?"

Blair laughed reaching for the can, " Gimme some."

 "Eww!" Dalton pulled the can back holding it to his chest. "I don't know where your mouth's been. I don't like Breen that much."

Blair punched Dalton in the shoulder almost making him drop the can. "Fuck you. At least I didn't fail calculus and get my stipend reduced." He spewed walking

 "Aw! Blair, Blair's in his feels." Dalton mocked catching up to the boy.

Dr. Fulton is at it again! Shame. Shame. Shame. Will he get caught?