Chapter Six

Trigger Warning: SA

Trigger Warning: SA

Isabeth could hear the purr of the vending machines around the corner in the back. She smelled the lingering aroma of the sage and thyme-baked chicken that the culinary class cooked. Now, she wished she came down during her lunch break with Malachi, Gavin, and Fiona. Unfortunately, she would have to eat an almond butter and apple butter sandwich when she got back to her dorm room to soothe her hunger pains. The brisk can of grape juice chilled her hand as she walked to the beverage counter where the coffee, sugar, and crème sat to retrieve a straw.

"I've been watching you." A voice split through the silence.

She jumped, dropping the can. Juice fizzed through the cracks leaving purple, grape-flavored traces on the floor as it rolled into the dark.

She held her chest, "Mr....." She gasped through rushed breaths. "I mean Dr. Fulton you scared me." Her panic gave way to a faint smile at the familiar face.

"You're the one girl that hangs out with so many guys." Dr. Fulton rubbed course scruff erupting from his jaw. "It's not as if they are hanging around you because you're a loose Harlot, no." Isabeth's smile faded as he moved closer to her. Dr. Fulton continued, "You captivate them with your wit and enchant them with your beauty." He whispered in a honey tone. His eyes traveled down the outline of her body. "They surround you like your protectors. Gentlemen protecting a lady...a damsel." He could taste her chastity shining in her frightful eyes. He'd waited too long for this moment to be gentle. He lunged for her, wrenching his hands around her arms, slamming her body into his.

"Let me go!" She furiously tried to yank her free of his tenacious embrace.

His grip was too firm, too strong. She tried kicking him but he is holding her too close, too near. She shifted her face side-to-side; her voluminous, black hair shook from the messy bun as she tried to avoid his unwanted kisses. Keep his lips from landed on her neck, cheeks, chest, and lips. But they did.

A kick won't work so she stomped and dug her pumas in his foot trying to crush every bone until he let her arms go. He shoved her causing her feet to skid. Her body froze as it slammed to the unforgiving floor. Her head banged against the freshly mopped tile still smelling of lemons and ammonia.

Dr. Fulton jumped on top of her of like a lion pouncing on a gazelle. She screamed until his massive hand covered her mouth. She tried to scoot away but his body trapped her on the floor like an anvil on Wiley Coyote. He tore down her skinny jeans eagerly like a child on Christmas morning. Then he unbuckled his pants and went to a place no one had been before. He stole something once more that wasn't his. He took her 'first time'. As he pushed harder and harder into her, tears rolled down Isabeth's face, dripping to the floor.

Isabeth thought maybe her first sexual experience would be with Troy if he ever stepped up or maybe Malachi. He was her first kiss, why not. He was always a gentleman, kind and sweet. But never did she imagine being raped in the hospital by the school psychologist.

Dr. Fulton pulled himself off her petite 5'1" frame after his pleasure was received after his lust was quenched. He knelt over calmly, kissed her cheek delicately. "Don't cry. I'll come back." He flashed a fulfilled smile.

Isabeth stared at him emotionless. He stood up pulling up his pants and walked over her shaken body, leaving her on the floor.

Isabeth pulled up her jeans then rolled to her side. She let out a wail so loud it could wake up the dead. But it fell on deaf ears all the way down in the deserted cafeteria. Those words stayed in her mind I'll come back. She played them over and over as she sat on the cold hard floor. Her heart raced and before she knew it she was in the kitchen with her hand clenching around the white plastic handle of a butcher's knife.

Isabeth slid the knife in the back of her pants and covered her hoodie over it. She flung the hood over her head covering her sorrow stained face. She wasn't herself when she walked out of the hospital. It wasn't her when she followed him to his car. She wasn't present when she drove the blade into Dr. Fulton's chest; her mind was flying on autopilot.

When his body splashed in the water she heard the raindrops, the wind howling, the trees hitting each other as they swayed back and forth. What had she done? The knife splashed into the puddle collecting around her feet.

"Go!" A voice beckoned at her side pushing her to her car. She dropped her hands and turned to her side. The wet hoodie clung to her body, strings of her drenched hair swept across her neck; she quivered like a flag whipping in the wind.

"Benny, Benny, what have I done?" she asks horrified.

"The right thing." Benny convincingly answered. " Now, go!" He shoved her harder pushing her toward her car across the parking lot.

Isabeth stared at him; he was strong, he was forceful. This was the first time she really saw him. The boy dubbed strange by all her classmates. He was there, by her side, helping her.

"Go!" he yelled once more.

Isabeth ran slipping and splashing in the rain to her car. She slammed the door, cranked her hunter green Land Rover. The truck sped off hitting the curb.

Benny grabbed the keys out of the good doctor's hand. He flung open the back door, hoisted up the heavy, lifeless body, and shoved it into the backseat. Benny climbed in the driver's seat, started up the comely sedan and turned left out the parking lot away from the hospital, away from Dawson and into the dead of night. It was done. This was their secret; they're secret 'til death.

Seems like Dr. Fulton's bad deeds finally caught up with him.