Chapter Thirty-Five

Unlike Primrose Dorm, Eagle Dorm had yet to be renovated

Unlike Primrose Dorm, Eagle Dorm had yet to be renovated. Wood paneling and stained windows still ran throughout the residence. As Benny climbed the red rug covered stairs he felt like a child back at his grandfather's Rhode Island home.

Since Benny got back in the car, he had been mulling over every student he knew on campus. Who did he know that spoke more than one language? They all did. Who did he know looked older than seventeen? Well, Lance McMillian could easily pass for twenty-three and Coraline Archer failed first grade so she was actual nineteen. His mind had been riding that rollercoaster for almost an hour and now he was tired. Once Benny reached the third floor the only thing occupying his mind was his fleece blanket pulled over his head.

"I know this may be new to you—" The voice pulled at Benny's attention and Troy stepped out of the shadow. "But there's a curfew here at Eagle."

"Thanks, for enlightening me." Benny tapped Troy on the shoulder as he walked passed him. Troy leaned his shoulder back so the boy's hand didn't touch him. "Curfew Enforcer."

"You're a sarcastic bastard." Troy spewed as he trailed behind Benny. "Is that why she likes you?"

Benny quickly turned around and startled Troy making him take a step back, "Who likes me?"

"The headlights woke me up." Troy pointed to a door down the hall. "My room faces the entrance. Isabeth is the only one that drives a dark green Rover."

Benny chuckled. "You think...you think Isabeth likes me." He pointed to himself. "How asinine."

"What's asinine—you thinking you can move into my dorm and take my girl."

"Your dorm?" Benny lifted his finger from his chest and pointed it at Troy. "I thought this was Eagle dorm...named after Robert Eagle, 70s Secretary of State." Troy's stern glare made Benny smirk with contentment. Benny turned on his heels and started to walk away, "And Isabeth doesn't have a ring on her finger. She isn't yours to claim."

Troy kicked Benny's calf, sending the boy crashing to the ground. Troy stabbed his knee into Benny's spine and jammed his arm against Benny's neck, "I won't tell you this again so listen up and comprehend." Benny grunted as he tried to buck Troy off his back but Troy's hold was firm. "Leave Isabeth alone. This campus is full of lonely, desperate girls. Stalk one of them." Troy pushed his arm harder into Benny's neck.

A room door flung open. "What the hell is going on out here?" Malachi rapidly blinked his sleep drunk eyes focusing on the scene before him. "Get the fuck off him!" He pushed Troy. Malachi's force sent Troy to the floor. "What the hell is wrong with you."

Benny jumped to his feet and rushed toward Troy like an angry bull. Malachi leaped in front of Benny, using all of his force to hold the boy back.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Benny yelled trying to evade Malachi's wingspan. "You're not King of this campus!"

"Fuck you!" Troy shouted back climbing to his feet. "Fuck you, Psycho Benny. And back the hell off!"

Another door was yanked open, "What the hell is going on!" Gavin rushed into the hallway with a blanket draped over his bare shoulders. "I'm trying to sleep. Take this shit outside!"

Two more doors opened. "I thought I heard a fight," Dalton said grinning as he leaned against the doorframe. Who's winning?"

"My money's on Psycho Benny," Blair uttered mid-yawn.

Dalton waved him off, "You ain't got no money."

"You don't have any money." Blair corrected walking back into his room. "This is why your dumbass needs to stay in school."

"Fuck you, mother fucker." Dalton snapped back before slamming his door close.

"Grow the hell up," Gavin instructed before going into his room rambling off in Russian.

"Sleep it off, Troy." Malachi sincerely spoke then turned around and shoved Benny into their room.

Troy threw up his arms, "You're my friend, Malachi, remember." A tsked snatched Troy's attention. "What?"

"When did Psycho Benny and Malachi become bros?" Lucas asked as he leaned against the wall still in plain clothes. "Makes you think, doesn't it."

Troy rolled his eyes then exhaled, "Why are you on our floor, Lucas?"

Lucas pushed his body off the wall, "Troy. Troy. Troy. I thought you were smart." He strutted toward the stairwell. He tsked again, "Damn. I was wrong."

Should Benny step off like he's ordered to do or should he go after what he wants? Dalton and Blair are back, haven't seen them in a while.