The Blind Date 0.2

I was getting full.

Full of eating.

Full of swallowing.

Full of drinking.

Full of sipping.

Full of following him.

"Can we take a break for a minute?" I asked, exhaust hammering on my limbs. It has been 5 hours walking. On the same floor. He turns to me, "Didn't I tell you not to speak to me?"

Did he really say that? When exactly?

A thought or a memory flashes before me.

Right. It was back at the cinema. I was squealing--never mind.

I clamped my mouth shut and he turns back again. The heat of the parking lot was getting on my sweat glands and it has been making me excrete more perspiration. I sighed, squatting down on the cement floor.

He must have noticed me not following. He turns back to check.

"What are you doing there?"

I kept my gaze at him. My mouth is still clamped shut.

"Hey, answer me."

Somehow, a paper and pencil popped out of nowhere and I held it up for him to see.

His eyes squinted at my little careless handwriting.

He rolls his eyes, letting our an exasperated groan. "Where in the world did I park my car!!!!!"

I shrugged. He took out his key and pressed. He goes to another aisle, pressing it again. He does the process multiple times, giving up.

This was the second floor.

And I really had the intuition that it was a floor below this.

Then I *gasp

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed and he rushes to me. "What?"

"It's on the first floor."

He faced palmed himself. Then, I hear the screeching of tires out of nowhere.

It was coming near. Nearer. Nearest.

He notices it, and his eyes widen.

"Get up!" He warned, but I didn't budge. I was stuck. My feet wasn't working. It felt numb.

"Uh...Ashfield..." I stammered. I was panicking and still staring at him.

"What?" He asked. Still standing in front of me. And the car was coming fast.

"I- I can't move," I say, sweat pouring out in massive amounts.

I closed my eyes as I knew it was only meters away from me.

Waiting for the inevitable.

Waiting for the moment I could see my mom.

Waiting for eternal rest.

Waiting for the end.

Then, I feel turned around. Like a hotdog on a pan, roll around. I felt strands brushing the sides of my face. And the smell of soap.

Is it the smell of heaven?

Does God smell like soap?

Do the clouds feel like soft blades of feathers?

I opened eyes to know the truth.

And the truth was him.

We were looking into each other's eyes. His was green.

Why is it green? Wasn't it blue?

I looked and my breathing stops.

Our noses were touching and I was on top of him.

We lay there for what seemed like seconds.

Before I break it apart.

"I'm sorry." I limply stood, not feeling my feet and the tingling sensation of the numb running up my thighs. It was painful to walk.

"Thank you." I say again, wiping the sweat off my forehead. In my peripheral vision, he sat up, staring ahead.

"No problem," he replied. He immediately dusts himself off, proceeding to the staircase that led down to the first floor.

I follow him. My head held down.

****
Hi guys!

Updates will be slow. Really, really slow. Uh. I hate my life. My schedule has been full of tests, assignments, projects and stuff so I will not have enough time to write the story.

I am deeply sorry.

-D.S. XX