The Nate Date 0.4

"What are you thinking? Chrome's gonna kill me!" I screamed as he leads me out into the night. The wind crashes onto my skin like ice and I shuddered. His grip was still tight on my arm as I stumbled to catch up. Nathan was just grinning.

He's the mischievous type of guy.

I gulped in thinking of Chrome.

He's really gonna blow me up, now.

Plus, I haven't eaten. My stomach is complaining.

Nathan grabs my hands and puts them on his waist as he stuffs my head with a helmet. He takes of his white jacket (his signature color) and makes me wear it. I complained.

"Come on love, I saved your life, remember?"

"But I have to get back there! They--Chrome will kill me if I don't!"

"How can you be with a guy who doesn't even appreciate you?"

That silenced me. It hurt. It terribly hurt.

He smirks, starting up his motor.

*****

He pulls up in front of an arcade where lots of people were crowding in. He gets off and he helps me.

"You really look so pretty," He whispers in my ear as I landed on the ground. I replied with a comfortable air between us both, "The power of make up!"

He looks at me dead serious, "Even without thay you're already beautiful."

"Yeah, yeah, cassanova."

Nathan chuckles at my teasing and we entered the arcade. After several games, fear bombarded me again.

"They will literally kill me!" I complained, licking on ice cream we bought at the food bar by the counter. Nathan smiles, "They won't. I'll come up with a great excuse."

"But Chrome, he'll---" he cuts me short by saying, "We're on our date and I don't want his name mentioned."

"Aargh!!!" I screamed. Several people turned to me. I muttered apologies to them turning back to Nathan.

"Okay," I say, "Find an excuse for me then."

"Yes, but before that, this is getting boring. There are no more games to play." He takes my left hand, "Come on, I know a good pancake house! I know you're starving!"

"Pancake for dinner?"

"I promise it's delicious!"

"Alright. Let's go eat pancake."

We rode his motor again. My face still stuffed inside the helmet of his. I wonder how my hair looks like. I bet it's a nest.

I blinked. Suddenly, the false eyelash falls off.

Oh my God. It fell.

I tried to stick it back again but it fell. The wind was blowing hard and it flies away. "No," I cried, "My eyelash!"

Nathan stops his motorcycle in the middle of the road in surprise. "What?"

"My eyelash fell."

He laughs, starting his cycle again. "You're really silly, Kaye."

We've arrived at the second setting of the date. He takes the helmet off my head and walks into the store. It was cozily decorated with plants and yellow lights.

But before entering.

How does my hair look like?

I glimpsed at myself at the wide mirror. Oh my God!

I can't describe myself now. I look worst. I tried to put the hair strands into place but it continues to pop. I sigh, brushing my hair with my fingers.

"I don't care anymore. Perhaps I'll enjoy this date. I'm gonna be laying dead on a gutter later when I arrive."

Nathan took our orders to our table.

I ate heartily. I drank heartily. I burped heartily.

Nathan was still laughing.

"I really like you."

I blushed at his words.

Me he likes?

Likes he me?

God oh.

The bell chimes sang as someone enters. I opened my mouth to speak.

"So this is where you are you despicable woman!"

I looked up to see Chrome. He grabs my waist, the chair screeching as He pulls me to him. Nathan stands, still smirking.

"You're having a date, huh, Kaye?"

"Yeah," Nathan answers, "So what? It's not like she's having fun at your party."

"She is having fun," Chrome says, "with me."

I swallowed. My eyes darted from Nathan to Chrome then from Chrome to Nathan. Chrome's face was stressed as if he was tired and thinking too much. I dropped my eyes in shame.

The shop was empty except for the cashier in charge that went to the back for out privacy. They recognized Chrome, that's why.

This is all my fault.

"Fun with you?" Nathan laughs, crossing his arms on his chest. "When did it ever happen? I never saw her smiling the smiles she smiles with me. I don't think she's happy with you Chrome."

"Who gave you the right to say that?" He voice rises. I backed away in fear but his hand tightens on my waist.

"What, what if I say I like your wife?" Nathan smirks. He was challenging Chrome I can see it. Chrome releases me and was now holding Nathan by his collar.

"You bastard. She's my wife." He threw a punch at Nathan, Nathan sits back on the chair. Chrome grabs my arm and leads me out of the shop.

"Nathan..." I say before Chrome shuts me into his car for good.

It's all my fault.

Chrome goes over to his side. He slips in, his hand gripping on the wheel.

"You're despicable."

"Chrome I--"

"You know you've bargained your time and loyalty to me. Yet here you are. Running away with a man. And no man other than Nathan Peirce."

"But Chrome--"

"What a way to trigger my patience Kaye. You've disappointed me in everyway."

"Chrome---"

"Keep your part of the bargain. That's all that matters."

My mouth stops speaking and I sadly gazed out. I lost.

And the bad thing about me losing is because I don't know what I lost.