Family Date?! 0.2

It was either Orly talking or Chrome's frequent teasing that bothered me inside the car. The traffic was heavy and it was getting terribly stuffy inside the vehicle. I badly want to get out. I badly want to stop hearing Chrome saying things I don't want to hear. "You'd look good in a lingerie."

"What's a langulie?" Orly asks from the back. Chrome meets her eyes at the rearview mirror, explaining to her, "Lingerie is a clothing you wear to sedu--"

"How many minutes till we get there?"

"I suppose five," he answers, chuckling. He flashes me a smile, his eyes glinting with mischief.

"I said stop teaching the child things!"

"But she wants to learn, don't you Orly?"

"Yes! I also want to wear a langulie too!"

Chrome bursts out laughing, "The child's better than you at these things. You're so uptight."

"I'm not uptight." I glared at him, "Of course she doesn't know what she's saying. And shut up with those things will you?"

"I looove teasing my wife."

The butterflies start to fly in my stomach but I hold them down. The red flush on my cheeks were still visibly seen.

His wife.

His temporary wife.

He immediately steps on the break and I lunged forward. My eyes widen because I noticed I hadn't worn the seatbelt.

I hit the windshield with a loud bump. The environment around me starting to get blurry.

Chrome immediately helps me lean back on my chair. "Are you okay?"

Does he have four eyes?

"Uh, yeah, am I."

"What are you saying?"

"Nothing, uh, okay I'm," I answered closing my eyes. I trace the sore spot on my forehead. This is going to be a very large bump.

He nods, slightly smiling at me, "It's messed you up, the bump that is."

"Yeah," I replied, sighing.

Time passed until I could feel him parking into the lot of the zoo. Orly squealed as she saw the pictures of various animals. "There's a lion!" She shouts, jumping up and down on her seat.

I smile, getting out of my seat myself. We all got out of the car and Orly takes my hand and Chrome's. My eyes dart between our hands held by Orly to him look straight at me.

Oh God, my head's going crazy with hallucinations again.

"Uh," I stammered finding the right words but Chrome finds it before I do. And it's not what I would say.

"It's okay," he says, "Isn't it Orly?"

"Yes, it makes me feel you're my momma and poppa!" She grinned up at us, "Are you both a couple?"

"No," I say.

"Yes," Chrome says.

We both said it together. My eyes snap at him. His too, snap to mine.

There was something there but I can't assume. I don't want to have false hopes.

A smile tugs at his lips and I look away. I let go of Orly's hand, breaking the chain. I need an excuse. A good one.

This was getting out of hand.

"Why did you let go?" Chrome asked me, holding my hand with his free hand. I looked at how his fingers wrap around my wrist and I feel the rush of waves. I know he could see me getting flustered and flushed. I could sense it.

I only looked at my hand because I was afraid to meet his eyes. Afraid to burst. Afraid to let him know what I feel. "I need to go to the bathroom," I say without looking up.

His hand tightens around my wrist. "Let's go together then."

I gasped and my immediate action was to flinch my hand away but his grip locks me. I betrayed myself, looking up.

God, he could really see his effect on me. How his simple words could make a chemical reaction in me. And I could see the look on his eyes, that glint of amusement, that spark of indication that he knows what I know.

He could see through me.

And he ignites the flame in me than how strong he had ignited it already.

"I just don't want you out my sight. I don't want you getting lost in the crowd."

Those lines. They were like straight out of an anime movie. Or a book of a romance genre.

Just what a girl wants to hear.

I swallowed a lump, nervously trying to find the words. I stammered and he cuts it all off by leading us three to the bathroom.

Orly was quiet. Unlike how a little child should behave. She sure does know when to interrupt or listen.

I wanted to urge her to say ssomething or act cute cause the silence was killing me.

I watched Chrome's back as he pulled me and Orly. I sighed, my heart sinking very deep into the waters of my feelings for him.

*****

I am so sorry guys, this is all I can right for now. I'm still very packed with school works. I am deeply sorry. But I'm still so glad to know you're reading my story! :D
Dedicated to: @izxati