Sick

It has been two weeks of silence, peace, and solitude. There wasn't any trouble with how my life went. It was all the same with how I lived before, and I missed it. Same routines, same places, same faces to see except for Nathan, same feelings, feelings of being alone. I loved it but it missed something. Keith. But we had talks that last several hours before we both hung up. I missed my brother.

He had been currently cramming for an exam. I laughed at him. He was going to be an engineer soon, and I'll be able to rest. My hands were callused of working so hard and my feet were tired. Though I have several money left from the Ashfield bargain, I'd have to keep myself busy and store more for the future.

I served a cup of black coffee to table four, looking at the clock. I was feeling weird, like my stomach was churning and punched. I took each step carefully towards the cash register. It was three minutes past 7:30 and I was terribly sweating in the cold morning.

What was wrong with me?

Then, my stomach knots itself and I rush to the bathroom.

*disgusting scene here*

Phew...I flushed it down, wiping myself with the tissue. I didn't exactly eat anything rotten yesterday, so what was wrong with me? Maybe the weather?

I sighed, going back to the counter.

There was only one customer, from table four, and a grinning guy from outside the glass windows. I stepped back in shock. Nathan scared a bit of life out of me. He enters, waving.

"Hey, beautiful. You look...beautiful?" He grins, propping his head on his hands up the counter table. I had the urge to laugh but there was that feeling again.

I rushed without a word back to the bathroom. Same process, same tissue.

"Are you okay?" He called from outside the female's cr. I turned the tap water on, gurgling some of it to wash the taste away. It was terribly bitter, sorry to tell you that. "Yes, I'm fine," I say, wiping my mouth again with a tissue I tore from the roll on the wall.

"You don't look good, have you eaten?"

"Yes, I have. Three loaves of bread and two cans of orange juice."

"Orange juice?" Another voice asks, I turn my head to it. Joane was there, her hands on her hips by the edge of the hall, "You don't exactly like that."

"No? But I wanted to drink it today." I said, going out of the hall, followed by them.

"Is your head aching or anything?"

"Slightly, yes. Maybe it's because of my stomach."

"Nathan, can she take a leave for today?"

"Uh, yeah. Kiera's arriving a bit late."

"Is Kiera really able to handle the job alone?" I asked Nathan who nodded as a reply. "No. I should work."

"You can't work like this. The customers will not like it. You'll be disgusting to them, running back and forth to the bathroom."

"Fine," I gave in since she had a point, "Then, I'll go home."

Joane raised her brow at me, "Home? No, we're going to the doctor."

"I don't need to go. I'm fine with some hydration salts and water and maybe some paracetamols."

"No, not when you're having suspicious signs of illness."

"It's not suspicious, Jo. It's just a stomach ache with a headache."

"You may think that but it's suspicious to me," she said, narrowing her eyes.

I sighed, "Fine. But let's pick someone less expensive for a check-up."

"I'm coming with you." Nathan volunteered.

"No, you stay," Joane commanded, "We'll leave the cafe to you."

Nathan sighed as I did.

She acts so bossy and motherly at times that it's a bit of a headache.

*****

Doctor Michelle smiled at me. She was a schoolmate back in the day that I knew well. She agreed to get me a 50% discount.

She was still smiling as she opened some papers. It was creeping me out.

Plus, I felt so dizzy as if the room was spinning.

"Kaye," she says casually, "You cannot believe this but you should."

"What? Have I developed a power of the mind, the power to control things the way I want them to?" I asked, joking at her. She rolled her eyes but that grin was still there.

"Your pregnant." She said and Joane leapt up of her seat.

I suddenly go deaf. It was like everything was drowned. I stared at her, mouth slightly agape.

"I knew it!" Joane sings, "Is it Nathan's? It's Nathan's isn't it?"

Michelle chuckles, "It's a healthy baby growing in you," adding, "You should take care of her."

"What?" I say, "But that...it shouldn't be---oh my God..."

"Nathan's gonna be thrilled!!!!!" Joanr screams and screams.

"I have to...oh my God..." I was still saying this.

"Why, what's wrong?" Michelle asked, sending my distraught.

"I can't possibly have this baby. No way." My hands suddenly shake and the room goes blurry, my head spinning. I felt nauseous. Very nauseous.

"Why?" Joane asked.

Then she gasped.

You all know it.

I know.

It's not a surprise.

"It's Chrome's." The words left her mouth with a whisper.

Then, silence. Everything stops.

I can't have this baby.

I shouldn't have this baby.

I must not have this baby.

I looked out the window of the clinic to the blue sky. I bit my lip as I curled my hands over my belly.