Can't Help But Collide

I like you.

I love you.

Kaye.

There are many reasons why one would like to go back all over again. And these are the reasons I have.

I wanted to taste the moments again, I want to change everything. I want to start all over and never go away.

I wanted to be like those girls in the movies. From rebounds to real girlfriends. Real wives.

No matter how idiotic, foolish Chrome is...I understand. He's too in love with Daphne, his loyalty so true.

And I can't help but think and imagine if he loved me instead.

But then again, it's impossible.

There are many reasons I wanted to leave him. There are so many reasons I wished I hadn't met him. Way more many than my reasons to start all over again.

But it's nothing compared to the power of my desire to see him, touch him, smell him, hear him, and taste him. I closed my eyes.

I lay awake again at dawn, staring at the ceiling.

No news. Three days. Normal life.

Pure, hollow, tragic, bliss.

Joane and Nathan had gone home, their protection not needed anymore. For some reason after the case, the papz hadn't bothered me anymore.

I AM NOT SEEING CHROME AGAIN.

NEVER.

I swore, turning on my back. It was four in the morning. And I can't help but remember the so-early morning calls Chrome gave. I clamped my mouth at the thought.

I was reminiscing again.

And my heart ached to see him.

But worry was also pulling on me.

It was three again in the morning and I predict he isn't gonna be there again. Louis would be alone with his guards.

I'll take the chance.

I arrived at three twelve in front of Louis' room, the guards were no where to be seen.

I opened the door slowly as a nurse passes by. He smiled at me. I nodded curtly, entering the hospital room.

"Hey, Louis." I sigh, smiling as I dragged a chair beside his bed. I place my parcel of food (because flowershops weren't open at this time) at his table by the wide window.

I took his wrinkled old hand, holding onto it. Then I cry.

Even though I swore I wouldn't.

I cry.

I'm so weak.

"Chrome and I...we're finished, Louis," I whispered, crying into his hand, "It hurst---oh God, even my words are going yoda---" I laugh at myself pronuncing hurst instead of hurts.

"Nevermind what I feel, how are you?" I sniffed, wiping my eyes. "Have you taken your medication?"

No answer.

"You know what, I hated having a father. I don't even know what it feels like...but you, Louis, you showed me what a father's like. You made me see how great it is to have a father, to see you're not alone. You gave me that. You did. And I'm grateful, Louis."

I held his hand as I rested my head on his bed, beside his shoulder.

My tears were soaked by the white foam.

It was almost 3:30 and I know just as last time, Chrome's gonna be here every minute. I reluctantly kissed Louis on his hand, giving it a last squeeze. "Take care," I whispered.

This was the final good bye. I bid farewell to Louis, thanking him for everything. I opened his hospital door, going out.

I went out the lobby, hurrying.

But how unpredictable fate is.

I know you know who was there.

But this time...I didn't bump with him. He didn't bump with me either.

He was just there, by the doors. And it was pure coincidence that I looked up.

I smiled, just a forced one.

And shoot, he smiled back.

Forced.

I dropped my head low, passing him quickly. There was an empty taxi waiting outside. I headed towards it.

A finger looped around my ring finger. A cold finger looped around it.

I spun, meeting him again face to face.

In a very familiar voice, he huskily said in British accent, the accent I'm learning to love.

"Wait," he said, "I'll send you home."

What? Everything drops. Falls.

Even my heart.

I couldn't find the words. I was terribly speechless of the moment.

"No, I can go home by myself," I answered clearing my throat. The taxi was pulling away and I broke the contact with Chrome, removing his finger.

I jogged down three steps but, I was flying now.

A silent gasp escapes my mouth. I was lifted.

The warmth spreading all over my belly.

No human can fly. That's true.

I was flying...

Because he looped an arm around my stomach, taking me up in mid-air. He didn't actually drag me, but he looped me with him. I hit his chest gently.

He spins me around and my mouth was still open in shock.

I hope I wasn't having a morning bad breath.

He pulls me with him by the waist. The nurses were staring at me, my feet stumbling over each other. I was still dumbstruck. Without struggle. Mouth open. Hoping I didn't have bad breath.

Such wrong timings.

"I'm sending you home." He commands. I don't answer.

I was still busy finding my walking pace.

And before I knew it, I'm trapped, strapped, on the front seat of his car.

He starts the engine and drove off.

What the hell just happened?

DIDN'T I SWORE I'D NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN?

Where's the vow, now?

*****

I now it's a verrrrry loooong update. You guys have been begging for an update. I know. But I'm sorry I haven't been able to update yesterday since I dozed off after doing work. I slept holding my phone in hand. I am so sorry.

Here's an update and please feel free to complain about the updating schedule because I know a week is too long to wait. Thank you for reading! Love you all!

-D.S.