Fate

I took a deep breath, feeling refreshed. That was the first for me to ever stand up against Chrome and fight for myself. It was like I kept on letting him have the upperhand of us both. I hate myself. I'm too pathetic. Letting him throw me away just like that with one charms of his.

I laughed, plucking one weed flower from the grass.

"What are you laughing at?" Nathan asks, sitting up beside me. We were both on the grass, eating his cooked lunches. I turned to look at him. "Nothing," I said, "I feel so great after standing up like that!"

"Yeah, you were impressive. Have you seen their faces? It was unexplainable. Especially that bastard." He laughs, biting into another sandwich.

"Oh, I didn't know you call him like that." I say, a bit shocked.

"You called him a bastard so I'm calling him a bastard."

"Oh," I managed to reply, biting into one of the sandwiches too.

"Are you mad about it?"

"No."

"Oh, I just thought you're mad at me because you don't want to call him that way."

"No, I..."

"You still love him. Even now."

"Nathan, moving on is pretty hard to do when I'm in this ditch called love. I badly want to go over this soon."

"Why don't you just tear down the marriage contract? It's not true anyways."

"Louis...I don't know what he'll do to Chrome if he knows Daphne is back."

"What a patriot you are. You hurt yourself just to keep him happy."

"What can I do? One does infinite for the one they love."

"I am really jealous of him. He's got a girl like you to love him even this much."

"You'll find someone someday. My mother said if one person can't find his destined person, both of them are doomed to never find an ever after love."

I bit into the sandwich again, chewing on the lettuce. Then Nathan moves closer to me, taking my chin in his hand. He turns me to look at him. I watched him wide eyed, swallowing the food in my mouth.

He smirks, "How can you be so certain that he's fated to you? What if...you and I are fated?"

He leans in close and I don't breathe. I still watched him wide eyed. My mouth opens to speak, I managed, "W-wha-"

"Nothing." He laughs, standing up. I was still frozen on the ground, the sandwich had fallen from my grasp and landed into a mess on the mat. He sighs, "It's getting dark, we should head back."

I feel myself move, breathe, blink, "Uh, yeah, sure!" I stammered, helping him fold the mat and put the food away.

He dropped me off at my house.

"Good night," I say, opening the gate.

"Sleep well, Kaye." He smiles, speeding off into the night.

I slept really well that night. And by well,I meant tossing and turning until my back ached. Nathan? Can I be sure about him? What about Chrome? What about the us?

I don't know.

Nathan's POV:

"Fate, huh?" I gazed up the sky to find for stars.

I'd bet my all on that.