From The Dark

Hi guys! I've been so busy and I know you've been waiting for this but just a few words...

🌸🌸🌸THANK YOU SOOOOO SOOOO MUCH!!!! 🌸🌸🌸

To all the people who's loyalty to this story I've been so grateful for, to all those who added this story to their library, those who voted, those who commented, those who persisted and reminded me to update (hahahaha), those who read, those who loved this story.....

Thank you.

And... I love you all...

So this chapter, is dedicated to all of you!

-D.S.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Kaye's POV

They said that when you die by water, you die by fighting a battle you obviously will lose. And I'm losing it right now.

I held my hands together, waking up from my unconsciousness when I hear a loud bang!

It was hard to move, as I slowly turned to my right, my lungs squeezing out the last oxygen it could convert. I lost air and my mouth opens involuntarily. I choke on the water that immediately invaded my mouth.

I swallowed, coughing the water out but to no avail. It kept on rushing in, stuffing me with how suffocating it was.

I coughed more.

Then I hear another sound, as if it was prying the car door. My car door.

I could still feel the car descending onto the ocean floor. I tried to open and force my eyes to look. I could only manage a hazy blur of what or who it was.

But those eyes.

The color of the serene sea...

I'm having hallucinations now. Maybe it was just the water or the rocks hitting on the metal sides of the car.

But still...if it was...

If it ever was...

I smiled at those blue grean eyes that were on my window.

Letting the water consume me.

Letting the darkness eat my light.

*****

I coughed, twisting to my side and let the suffocating water out of my system.

"Kaye!" I heard and I turned my head to the sound of the voice.

I could have been in heaven, my eyes were blurry and staring at a light above me, the sun? I don't know. But it felt so good, like I wasn't trapped anymore.

"Thank God..." the voice sighs, and the light was replaced by something warm, like hot compress and water droplets drop on my face, falling to the sides of my cheek. I open my eyes but it could only manage a little and it was hazy, I couldn't see clear.

But the voice was so much clear.

Is this an alternate universe?

I coughed more, staring at the blue green pupils that stared at me.

He sighed, his forehead upon mine.

"Kaye, I love you," he says. "I thought...I thought I'd lost you, thank God..." he sighs again, breathing the sea scent of us, his breath warm upon my face, his wet hair touching the ends of my eyes.

They were like brushes, wiping the blur away.

But even if I was blind, I'd know who he was.

I was widely staring at the blue green eyes that I loved so much, feeling every contact of his warm skin upon mine--on top of mine, his arms on either side of my head, our legs in a tangle.

It was so much like the "Little Mermaid" scene. I laughed, and bumped his head a little as I tried to sit up and take in more of the environment around us. The waves barely, almost kissed my toes, the bed of the soft sand below me.

But he held me down, he didn't want me up.

Nevertheless, we were laughing and that's all that mattered. He understood why I laughed.

"Don't, I'm your mermaid now." He said between laughs, "I'd disappear if you wake up then--"

"I won't like it," I added it for him, my arms wrapping themselves around him, upon his waist and his back.

He smiled.

"How did you know about why I laughed?"

"I have my sources," he winked at me, and I laughed a bit more, him smiling at me.

We lay there staring at each other.

I hope he'd find my eye color beautiful. I hope he'd find my eyes shape beautiful. I hope he finds my nose beautiful. I hope he finds my lips beautiful. I hope he finds my face beautiful.

I hope he finds me beautiful.

Then, he slowly brought every inch of his face close to mine, his nose, his brows, his mouth.

He kissed me.

And I never felt so much more alive.