The Nate Date 0.2

I just freaking saw Daphne Summers.

And she's gone again with the wind. Uh, I mean, with the car. I picked myself up from the mess I am on the street. The park was dark and only a little light came from the streetlamps standing still.

I smell like animal dung and my butt hurts like a hammer was pounded onto it. How am I ever going to get home without anyone noticing the poop smell?

Uh, this is embarrassing.

Then I remembered my phone. I took it out of my pocket to find that my brother had hung up. He was saying something about Chrome, now, what was it?

So what, he didn't even check on me after I almost got raped?!

My hand tightens around my phone.

He didn't even care. The jerk! He could've just visited me. Or even just called me. Asking if I was okay was all that mattered.

Oh my God, what's going on with me? Why am I so flustered? My stomach started to hurt a little and I doubled over in pain.

Oh, great, first I smell, now, a stomach ache. Could this day get any worse?

You should keep your part of the bargain.

I sighed, opening my phone again. The bargain...The sooner I keep it, the sooner I'll leave this life. The sooner everything goes back to normal.

Me: I saw her.

It takes a moment for him to reply.

Chrome: Is she still there? Does she look okay? How is she?

Woah, the kind of questions I want him to ask if me appears now. All necause of Daphne. I sighed again in disappointment, typing.

Me: I just saw her Ashfield, don't get too excited.

Chrome: Then, where are you?

Me: At the park.

Chrome: Already by your bench. Where in the park?

He came so quick.

Me: By the cake shop just around the corner.

I hear the low growl of a car engine and headlights attacked me in the eyes. I backed away, blinded.

The knight with a dashing car-horse and headlight-sword.

I blink to get my colors straight. His car door slams and he gets out, his tall silhoutte was an attractive shadow.

"Where is Daphne?" He asked, his British accent low and eager. I had successfully regained my colors and I watched him jogging to me.

"I just told you I saw her."

"Then where?" He scans the area. He's still not looking me in the eyes.

"She got away."

"She got--she got---what?"

"She rode in a car before I could actually go and take her with me."

Then a sudden anger bursts out of him and he grabbed me by my collar. Bringing me close to his face. With chaotic blue-green eyes, he finally looked me in the eyes. And I just couldn't help but feel drawn to the storm in them.

With a deeper voice, he says, "If you do your job, make sure to do it right, Kaye."

"But I am doing it right, Ashfield."

"If you're doing it right, I would've seen her beside you now." He releases me, throwing me backwards. I stumble to regain my balance. "If I knew your lousy abilities in finding someone, I wouldn't have hired you. But I did. Now keep your part of the bargain and bring her to me." He walks away, opening his car door.

What does he mean? That I'm lame?

I scoffed, brushing my hair to keep it out of my face. Now, pride kicks in. "Well, I'm sorry if I didn't put more efforts into this. Your insignificant little love story sounds like a lonely trash to me. And I pity you Ashfield," I seethed at him as he turns to face me, "Even with the tons of money piled in your wallet, you don't have someone loving you."

"Take that back, Kaye." He gritted in my reply, "Take that back."

"She left you Chrome, she left you!" I screamed, "Just accept the fact that she's gone!"

"She's not gone. You saw her. She's still here. She's still in here." He pointed to his heart, "And you can't make me accept that she's gone."

"You're a foolish selfish bastard who cares only for himself!"

"Just do your job and shut up." Like the wind, he was suddenly in front of me and he gripped my elbows in pain. I pushed him away.

His car starts and he leaves me clutching my sore elbows.

*****

"Hey, what's wrong?" I found Nathan staring at me as I stopped spacing out. We were in the cafe the next day. And I was working the tables. He was in one of them and he stops me for a moment.

I smiled, a fake one as you can guess, "Nothing."

"Still going to our date?"

"Yes," I answered, "Of course. I'm in debt to you after all."

He nods, letting my wrist go. I could feel the fire. The fire I felt when Chrome touches me. The electricity in my body didn't ignite like how Chrome would make it.

Chrome.

My phone buzzes after I deliver the cup of Chilled Tea to the customer by the front window. I opened it.

Louis. A message from Louis.

Hey, dear, are you busy? I didn't call figuring you're at work. There's a company party later at 6pm right after your shift. You have to attend it dear. Chrome's coming too.

I looked at Chrome's name, debating whether to go or not. I just didn't want to see him after that outbreak of the mad, unfiltered-brained Kaye yesterday.

But Nathan. I promised him I'd go with him to the Arcade tonight.

I looked up to his direction. He catches my eyes and he smiles, throwing a wink at me. I swallowed. I guess, I'd just have to move this date.

"Uh, Nate?"I started as I landed on his table, "I forgot that I have to attend a party this evening."

"Oh, really, then, what time will it end? I suppose we can still have the date after the party. The Arcade is open 24 hours."

"Uh, I don't know when. It's Chrome's company party and..."

"Chrome? I see, I'd just have to hatch up plan B."

"What plan B?"

"By the way, you're needed in the counter." He shifts the conversation and I turn to the counter to see three people lining up. I gasped hurrying over. He chuckles from behind me, "See you later, Meteorite."