Calm Before The Storm

When they pair arrived at the Shack, Dipper deposited Bill on a chair in the kitchen and made his ways to the refrigerator. He pulled out vegetables and started cutting them while waiting for a pot to boil on the stove. Mabel cut on the light and scolded Dipper doing things in the dark, while Bill watched as the knife slice through the veggies in an almost rhythmic way. 

Crunch

Crunch

Crunch

"Can I help?" Bill asked before he could stop the words for coming out of his mouth. Dipper stopped chopping and looked back at him confused, the expression was almost... cute. Bill blushed again and Mabel jumped in before he could say anything to embarrass himself. "Yeah, yeah! We wanna help too Dipper!" She said in a a cheerful voice. Dipper shrugged his shoulders and picked up a cutting board from the other counter, he pushed it towards them and gave them a carrot and a stick of celery. "You don't trust us with a knife?" Mabel fake pouted, but Bill held out a hand to silence her and said, "I got this."

He snapped his fingers... and nothing happened. His face became red and Dipper was bent over while holding his stomach, struggling not to laugh, but failing miserably. It seemed like no matter what happened, Bill was destined to embarrass himself anyway. "Don't laugh at Billy Boop," Mabel interjected while reaching over the table to pad Bill's shoulder, she almost fell over in her chair in the process, but Bill appreciated the gesture anyways.

"Now Dipping Sauce, the knives please." Mabel said in a fake formal tone. Dipper finally contained himself, but he let out a loooong sigh as he gave his sister and former enemy each a knife. Mabel took the carrot because she thought celery would be easier for Bill, who knew what she did, but secretly thought the same thing. While the duo was cutting up ingredients, Dipper was cooking meat on the stove and seasoning it when a practiced hand, when he finished he looked at their progress. Mabel was done and Bill was staring at his finger with dissatisfaction. Dipper took a closer look and saw that Bill's finger was bleeding, without thinking he took Bill's hand and sucked on his thumb, flickering his tongue over the wound and sucking up the blood. When he released Bill's hand, he smirked at the stuttering blushing mess that was now Bill Cipher. "W- well, uh, t- thanks Pi- um I mean, thanks Dipper."

"Your welcome Bill, but your out. No cutting vegetables for you," Dipper pointed at Mabel. "You on the other hand." Mabel sat straight up and nodded to Dipper. "Sir!"

"Your on cutting duty all by yourself." Dipper said.

"Sir yes, sir!" Mabel replied and burst into laughter when Dipper shook his head with a smile on his face, he took the vegetables off the cutting board and handed more to her, dropping the food into the now boiling water.

"Psst." Mabel whispered to Bill who was staring at his thumb with a glazed expression. He was unsure whether to suck on it if more blood came out or if he could risk asking Dipper to take of it for him. But he was happy when Mabel interrupted his thoughts from going into a different direction. "What?" He whispered back, keeping an eye on Dipper who was working his magic.

Mabel slowly raised her camera from her lap with a smile on her face. "I have it on picture." She giggled, but this time she wasn't alone. Bill thought that he could get along with Mabel just fine

...............

Long before the food was done, Mabel had finished her "duty" and was chatting quietly with Bill in hushed tones. Dipper could feel their eyes on him, but he didn't really mind as long as Bill wasn't telling Mabel something horrible and life changing. When he turned around with two steaming bowls of vegetable soup in his hands, they stopped talking. Mabel was smiling widely and Bill was avoiding his eyes, which didn't seem like a good thing. But he shrugged it off and gave them their food anyways. For some reason Dipper kinda wanted Bill to pay attention him, Dipper found his reactions adorable almost and wanted to get more of them out of him. It was a thought that Dipper didn't want to get into right now, he just wanted to know what happened to Bill after his defeat.

As soon as Bill ate a spoonful of soup, his eyes widened and seemed to sparkle in the light. Dipper was grateful for Mabel turning on the lights or he would have missed it himself. It was an interesting display and it made Dipper smile warmly. "Do you like it?" He asked Bill, who nodded quickly. "It's the most amazing thing I've ever put into my mouth!" He responded with enthusiasm before he ate more food. Dipper blushed at the sheer innocence of the gesture and asked him another question. "What's the worst thing you've put in you mouth?"

Bill swallowed and pondered the question before responding in a disgusted voice. "Grass, I've eaten grass." Dipper laughed at Bill's green face, and inquired. "Okay, so how are you here right now?" He asked and watched as Bill's expression became blank and pale, he acted as though he didn't hear Dippers question and ate more soup quietly.

"Bill that's not how you eat!" Mabel said, getting everyone's attention. "You eat like this! Om nom nom!" She said loudly and started stuffing soup into her mouth quickly. Mabel laughed at the sick expression Dipper had when he saw the mess she made, he threw a paper towel at her which made her laugh even harder and fall out her chair.

Author's Note

I love cliffhangers, don't you? If you said yes, I have some bad news. You won't be getting one. I love to write the next part before I make cliffhangers so I don't forget to write what's next and fall off the edge. TO MY DOOM. WHICH IS WRITER'S BLOCK.