Home At Last

Traveler, Bill, and Dipper appeared outside the mystery shack. Dipper stared at the structure in awe that something so broken and run down, could give him so much joy. He grabbed Bill's hand and made his way towards the door, though the sun was starting to set, they could see a pink sweater on the ground. It was obvious that there was something inside the sweater from the noticeable budge and rainbow colored socks sticking out.

Dipper let go of Bill's hand and then put a finger to his mouth in the gesture for silence. He tip toed in front of the mysterious thing on the ground with the feeling of nostalgia running through him. "Hello? Is there anyone in sweater town?" Dipper asked.

The sweater let out a loud gasp and Mabel's head popped out, before she embraced her brother in a bear hug. "Oh my gosh, I missed you so much!" Mabel yelled happily. "It's been like a year!"

Dipper's smile froze and he pulled out of their hug. "It's been a year?"

But Mabel had already moved onto her next victim and didn't hear his question. "Bill, how could I forget you? I missed you too!" She tackled Bill into a hug and they both fell onto the ground, laughing with grass all over their clothing.

"Good to see you too, Shooting Star. You haven't been making any more clothes since I left, have you?" Bill asked while staring at dirtied shirt.

Mabel's eyes lit up and she pulled Bill to his feet with her. "I've made millions! Come on Dipper, we have to tell Grunkle Ford and Stan you're here!" Mabel dragged Bill to the shack while babbling to Dipper all the while.

Traveler thought the whole scene was strange. Mabel was holding Dipper's lover by the hand yet he had no reaction to it, in fact he was still smiling happily at his sister and didn't seem to notice the body contact. Maybe Dipper felt threatened by Traveler's presence because he was so much hotter than Bill, the grey teenager thought smugly. Though he didn't say his opinion out loud or follow the group just yet, for he had other matters to take care of. So he changed his form into one of a small, sleek cat and bounded off into the forest without a look back.

*

"Everyone, Dipper and Bill are back!" Mabel yelled as the door shut behind her. Two sounds of footsteps were heard approaching, but Ford appeared first. His eyes met Dipper's as soon as he entered the room and he held out his arms for a hug.

"I've been worried sick over you." Ford said while pulling Dipper in a light embrace.

"Yeah, I know. I'm glad to be back too." Dipper paused his sentence and thought for a moment. "Grunkle Ford... I haven't been gone for a year, have I?" Ford's face twisted in confusion, but one glance at Mabel cleared it.

"Mabel did you tell Dipper he's been gone for a year?"

She looked up from her conversation from Bill and Stan and smiled guiltily. "No... I said like a year."

"Mabel!" Dipper groaned.

"It's only been two weeks." Ford reassured him. "But do you mind if I apologize to a certain someone?" Ford lifted eyebrows in Bill's direction which caused him to look in their direction from sensing their gazes.

"I'm sure that depends on Bill." Dipper said and waved over his boyfriend. "Come here." When Bill came over, Dipper put his arm around his shoulders while smiling at Ford to show that at least one person wasn't mad at him.

Ford and Bill laid eyes on each other with a certain type of hesitance. Bill looked like he was waiting for Ford to do something, while Ford seemed to want to pull Bill into a hug, but didn't know if it was the right thing to do or not. "Bill, I'm... I'm sorry for punching you as hard as I did." Ford apologized.