Forget Me Not

....Dipper's POV....

I woke up to an empty bed, which is really not that surprising at all, but for some weird reason I felt disappointed. I looked at the empty spot, feeling like I was missing something, but not knowing what. I rolled to the barren space and laid there feeling a little bit better. I caught the faint whiff of honey and remembered... that I didn't make breakfast! I sat up and threw my blankets away from me, ready to get up and start the day, when Mabel burst through the door. She had a huge smile on her face and looked at my bed, then her smile began to fade.

"What's up Mabel?" I asked while standing up and stretching. She shrugged her shoulders while smiling although it was faint and had a sad tone to it.

"I don't know, I just feel like something is missing. You know the feeling?" Mabel responded scanning my room, it looked like she was searching for something that might jog her memory.

"Yeah, it kinda feels like you forgot something important, doesn't it?" I replied while putting a hand over my chest, my heart felt like a chunk of it was missing. I almost felt like weeping, but it didn't make any sense, I had no reason to feel that way. Right?

"Mhmm." Mabel hummed. She looked down so I decided to change the subject.

"So what do you want for breakfast?" I asked just so I could see her face light up once again.

"Scrambled eggs and pancakes!"

*

I poured the eggs into a pan and watched as they sizzled and fried. I wonder why they had such a sentimental sense to them. They reminded me of something else yellow, eyes maybe? Yeah, I kept getting flashes of yellow eyes through my mind. Maybe the eyes were from an anime I've watched? No, that didn't seem right either, they looked too life-like. I finished cooking the food and set a plate on the table for Mabel and I. She let out a delighted laugh and dug in while I pushed my food around with my fork.

"Grunkle Stan and Ford aren't back yet, are they?" I asked while I watched Waddles jump up on the table and snatch a pancake from my plate.

"Nope, I was sure they came home. But their rooms were empty so I guess I was wrong. Hey why aren't you eating bro bro?" Mabel asked when she finished her breakfast. She watched Waddles take my whole plate and trot off, disappearing around the corner. I watched him too, it was a distraction from my heart aching almost painfully.

"I don't know Mabel, I'm just not hungry." I pushed my chair back and took Mabel's plate, putting it in the sink. "I'll see you later." I told her, waving as I went to my room to go change clothes.

"Where are you going?" She called out, surprised at my sudden departure and lack of talking.

"I'm be back, I'm just going for a walk." I retorted as I closed the door behind me. When I came out the room, I was wearing an orange shirt with a blue jacket, and normal jeans. As I walked past the kitchen I noticed that Mabel was already gone and my plate was in the sink as well, she must have gotten it back from Waddles.

Once I made it outside, I let the cool air blow through my hair and tried to settle my nerves that were buzzing in my stomach like a swarm of bees.

Well I guess it's was time to see Bill's statue again. When I arrived to the usual spot, something felt off, almost wrong somehow. But even if it was some sort of trap or my imagination, I still sat down in front of the triangle and... I couldn't speak. I opened my mouth, prepared to tell Bill about my day or anything random, but instead I felt like crying. It took me a while compose myself and when I did I settled for gazing at the stone figure before me. For the first time in what felt like forever, I truly felt lonesome.