{Nine}

helloo, enjoy this chapter, it's long overdue (; dkm

Jongin's POV

I stiffened at his words, although it caused my cheeks to redden and my heartbeat to speed up, reality finally hit me.

It hit me hard.

"Sehun.. You--I can't... We can't...be together," my voice cracked as I spoke quieter, and he looked up at me.

"Wh..Why?" He sounded so confused, so broken. It hurt to see him like this, but it was for the best... Right?

"I'm sorry, Sehun. I don't... I don't want this either, but I can't--I'm doing this for you.." And Baekhyun. I stumbled over my words, and my heart clenched at the sight of his crestfallen expression. He slowly pulled me into his chest, and I could feel him shaking.

Please, Sehun, don't make this any harder for me..

"You're doing this for me? Well, I guess you don't know me well enough, Jongin, because the only time I'm happy is when I'm with you. Doing this will only make it worse." He breathed against my neck, and I clenched my fists.

"Please, Jongin. At least tell me why you're doing this, I promise I won't get angry.." He pleaded, pulling away a bit and begging me with his eyes. I can't, don't you understand? I would've told you right away if I could..

"I want to.. I really do, Sehun. I just--" I stopped myself, already on the brink of tears. Great, some 'ice prince' I am.

Concerned, Sehun cupped my cheek in one hand and pulled me closer with the other. I took a shaky breath as he rested his forehead against mine.

"Forget what I said, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'm really happy you're thinking about me, Jongin, but trust me when I say that the only way I'll be happy, is if we're together," he murmured sincerely, gently pecking the corner of my lips with a small smile. I couldn't help but smile in return, and I felt him squeeze my stomach playfully. Squirming, I turned away from him and slipped out the door with a chuckle.

It should be time for us to head back, anyways.

My expression turned emotionless once again, and Sehun appeared beside me with an arm possessively wrapped around my waist. I rose a brow at him, even though I was smiling on the inside. He just shrugged, pulling me back outside with a smirk. We met back with the team right on time, Jongdae and Baekhyun sharing knowing looks when they noticed where Sehun's arm was placed. I cleared my throat, and Sehun dropped his arm with a pout. Rolling my eyes, I began to speak.

"It's the second half, and not to scare you all, but this is usually when YG gets physical. Be careful, and don't let them bother you. The last formation went smoothly, so nothing will change. Good luck to you all, I'm confident we will win this," I nodded, relieved to see everyone's determined looks. I urged myself not to smile when I felt Sehun squeeze my hand while he was in a heated conversation with Baekhyun.

What am I going to do with you?

---

"I'm open!" Jongdae called from near the opponent's net, and I passed the ball without even looking. It went straight towards him, and he scored another goal with ease. We high fived, and I glanced at the scoreboard quickly.

7-0, 13 minutes left.

Cheers erupted from the sidelines, and the ball was placed back in the middle of the field. YG started with the ball. I was confident we'd be able to steal it back until I noticed Minho, the captain of YG's team, beginning to push and shove my players out of the way. Widening my eyes, I bolted after him, eyes burning with hatred as I watched him knock down player after player. First, it was Minseok. Then, he shoved past Jongdae. And before nearing the net--