{Eighteen}

just realized this book has no storyline lmao well shit
so sorry this took forever to publish, I need to develop an ending soon ><
the chapters may become shorter, word count should be around 800-1000 from now on

Sehun's POV

I sighed irritably for the nth time today, impatiently tapping my fingers on the table I was currently seated at.

I immediately glanced at the door of the small cafe as it was pushed open, but frowned when a small girl and her mother walked in. I checked my phone for any messages. "Where the hell is he?" I muttered to nobody in particular.

After another five minutes of glaring at a plant, the person I was waiting for finally decided to show up. I didn't even bother to look up at him. "You're late."

"Sorry, my professor held me back a couple of minutes to talk about something. Why the sour face?" Baekhyun asked breathlessly. He probably ran here.
I sighed, suddenly feeling bad for my odd behaviour.

"It's okay, I just wanted to talk about--"

"Hi, can I get you something?"

I inwardly groaned when an employee cut me off, I am not in the mood to deal with this.

"I'll have an iced cappuccino, please." Baekhyun turned to me expectantly, but I waved him off.

When the waiter finally left, I slumped down into my seat with a groan, causing Baekhyun to raise a brow at my actions.
"Someone's prissy today. Is it that time of month already?"

"Shut up," I grumbled.

"What's up, then? Why aren't you with Jongin?" I flinched at the mention of his name.

"About that..." I frowned, recalling the previous nights.

Baekhyun sat forward, drink in hand, "Go on, I'm all ears."

I fidgeted in my seat. "I don't really know why, but something's been up with Jongin. He...isn't the same." I whispered.

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun urged, a worried frown evident on his face.

"Whenever I suggest we go out, he always makes an excuse to stay home, or he tells me to go by myself. I don't understand why, he just seems so distant nowadays... he's never around when I wake up, either. It's like he disappears, but I still see him at school. He acts normal during our classes, but when we're alone, it's like Jongin is a whole different person."
I was on the verge of snapping. I just wish he would talk to me.

Baekhyun looked like he was in disbelief. "Have you tried confronting him?"

"Whenever I do, he just changes the topic and pretends I didn't say anything. I don't know what to do." I felt at such a loss, I didn't even notice an additional presence heading towards us.

"You made it." I heard Baekhyun say, causing me to lifting my head.

"Jongdae?" I blinked in confusion as he grinned down at me. "What are you doing here?"

Said boy pulled up a chair and sat down as Baekhyun explained. "I called him here as soon as you mentioned Jongin. I'm sure he should be of some help." Jongdae elbowed him for that extra comment.

"Has he been ignoring you?" Jongdae turned to me, resting his cheek on his palm.

I shrugged. "Either that or just giving me a half-assed reply. Did something happen?"

Jongdae pursed his lips into a straight line. "Not exactly, but he's been asking for a lot of favours recently."

When I asked what kind, he scoffed. "Some are just downright weird. Yesterday he told me to take his phone for the day, and didn't even ask for it back when school ended. Sometimes he stays over and I find him asleep on my couch. He always has bags under his eyes, too. It's worrying me a lot." Jongdae sounded frustrated.

"Actually, now that you mention it, Jongin did ask me for a few things, too." Baekhyun spoke up. "Both last week and two days ago, he told me to let Sehun stay with me for a night. I didn't know why, but I just agreed because it sounded important."

I widened my eyes, feeling my chest tighten.

"I'm going to kill that prick once I find out what's going on. Who the hell does that without a proper explanation?" Jongdae cursed, crushing his empty paper cup into a ball.

I stayed still, hundreds of thoughts and possibilities rushing towards me all at once. I began to drone out Jongdae and Baekhyun's conversation.

"Sehun? Are you okay?"

I shook my head furiously.

"What's wrong?" I heard Baekhyun's faraway voice ask. It wasn't until I had fully regained my awarenesses when I finally spoke my thoughts.

"Baekhyun.. Jongdae... I'm afraid."

It came out quiet to me, but Baekhyun and Jongdae's surprised expressions told me that it was loud and clear.

After a moment of hesitation, Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak.

But the voice that I heard was most definitely not his, nor was it Jongdae's.

"What is it that you're afraid of, Sehun?"

________________

this was terribly written I'm so sorry asgdjrlslkj

I'll have the next chap up asap, sorry again! >>The ending is coming up<<