{Nineteen}

^^^im planning to start a baekyeol/chanbaek book sometime after I finish this one, hopefully I'll actually know what I'm doing when I'm writing it lmao

[Two days earlier]

Jongin's POV

"--Yeah. Yeah, that would be great, hyung. I really appreciate it, and I'm really sorry to ask you this a second time."

"Oh, it's no problem, Jongin. Let me know if you need anything else, okay? I've got to run, I'll talk to you later."

"Of course, thank you, Baekhyun. Bye."

The line went dead after he said his farewell. I let out a sigh that was half relief, half frustration. This is the second time I've asked him to do this... What is Sehun going to think?

I rid of my thoughts with a shake of my head, going back to the piles of paper that were just sitting on my desk. It's like they were mocking me. Taking a deep breath, I picked up my pen. Finish what you started, Jongin. This'll benefit you and Sehun in the long run.

A knock on my door interrupted the inner conflicts going on inside my head.

Tao peeked his head inside, "Jongin?"

"I'm here."

Tao gave me a small smile. "You spent all day in here, again. You must be starving." He set the tray that he was holding down and picked up the plate and cup that was previously situated on it.

I sort of just shrugged, perking up when I smelled something familiar. "I'm alright, I think. Don't you have a class to teach today?" I leaned over and brightened when I saw a plate of fried chicken and a glass of lemonade in his hands.

He chuckled at my actions, "No, that was yesterday, Jongin." He took a few steps closer and set the plate of chicken down in front of me. "Eat."

I almost protested, but the warning look he gave me when I opened my mouth to speak shut me up. "Fine. What about you?"

"It's seven-thirty. I had dinner an hour ago, and you didn't answer when I called you downstairs. Still working?" Tao sat down beside me, scanning my progress. I groaned.

"Yeah, this shit is going to be the death of me. I want to stop, I really do, but..."

Tao pat my back with a comforting smile. "But, Sehun."

"Exactly." I sighed. "Thanks for the food, but as much as I enjoy having you here, I should probably get back to this." He took that as his sign to leave, ruffling my hair before exiting my room. "Don't stay up too late, fighting!"

I smiled at his retreating figure, glad to know I had someone supporting me while I figured things out. I took a deep breath, delving back into my notes.

Please wait a little bit longer, Sehun. I'll explain everything to you soon.

________

[Present Day]

Sehun's POV

"What is it that you're so afraid of, Sehun?"

I didn't dare turn around, feeling my heart beat quicken in my chest. Then, I realized.