chapter | twenty-two

comment ⌨️
vote 💫

"What happened just tell me." Damian demanded, tipping me closer and closer to my boliding point,

"Nothing Damian," I sighed to myself and turned to face him, his eyes dancing in thick curiosity.

"Yeah, sure Sasha." He rolled his eyes, sarcasm laced his words succeeding to piss me off instantly.

"Look, Damian, there was no fight, no one got hurt. There's no need for you to be so curious. Just leave it. It's not apart if your pay job. Just normal high school drama." I snapped out. Causing myself to get weird looks from the other kids in the hall. Shit.

He opened his mouth to respond to my remark, but he was cut off by a loud screeching bell.

Students started making their way to morning classes, scattering and speed walking in the way of their different classrooms.

I watched them observing their movements, ignoring Damian as his eyes burned holes into the side of my head. I heard him mumble something under his breath, just quiet enough so that I couldn't understand his words.

"Fine don't tell me," I finally looked into his eyes I saw hurt in them and that confused me, "but we need to get you to class. Can't have you being late on your first day."

He grinned at the end, trying to shine some light on this situation.

I nodded stiffly in reply and began walking towards my English class, Damian by my side, a school map in his hands. Kids scrambled blocking my way to class, pushing and shoving me out of their pathway.

My eyes widened in shock, I was used to them running away from me, clearing a path straight to clas-

Someone rammed into my side sending me flying into the nearby lockers, my back slammed into a locker for the second time today. A stinging sensation spread through my back and I bit my lip, to control the anger that now followed through my veins.

Some students around me giggled and pointed at my figure, as I leaned against the lockers. The treated me as if I was bellow them, that I was just a joke.

And that's when I lost it.

I stiffened and pushed myself up, my eyes scanning the crowd for the culprit. They are so dead. I'm done playing weak little push over.

I saw a figure standing were the shove came from. Their back facing towards me, a Grey hoodie over their head blocking my view of their face. They were talking quickly and quietly to another hooded person, this one with a black hoodie covering their face.

After sussing out my targets, I realized that they were making no move, to acknowledge the fact- that they just sent me barreling into the lockers.

I huffed and glared at the kids who previously laughed at me. I caught one girl raise a perfectly shaped brown eyebrow in challenge. I took that challenge.

I made my way towards the hoodie kids, forgetting every rule Damian had given me for being good. I can't be good.

I reached out towards the two of them, going towards gray hoodie first ready to spin him around and end him. No one disrespects me, no-one laughs at me, no-one controls me.

"SASHA!" Damian caught my wrist just as I was about to make contact with the material of the gray hoodie. I turned to glare at him, I pulled my wrist out of his grasp and turned back to Grey. A frown stretched over my face and I huffed in disappointment.

Grey was gone. And so was the black hoodie.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath, well that ended up being pointless. I turned back to the kids- more specifically- the girl who had laughed at me. She rolled her green eyes and smiled at me.