Chapter 46: Sweetheart

Sasha

Sasha

I trembled, sheltering my quivering body with my dysfunctional, weak arms.

Wherever I turned to, I received with the identical swallowing lonely vacuum of nothingness. I choked on the dusky air, restlessly throwing my head back into the wall behind me.

A manly entertained cough mimicked my own.

I squinted, and stared silently at his unmoving silhouette; he lurked a few meters in front of me, adopting the gloom darkness as his ally to hide for me. He took a deliberate intimidating step forward, giving me a better view of him.

He rubbed his chin in pretentious boredom while he gazed at me with his dark, devilish eyes. How could someone who had been so generous and precious become so corrupt?

"Get up."

I didn't comply with his demands.

I physically couldn't.

The unbearable pain would force me to faint, again.

"Get. Up."

He was getting impatient, while I grew more and more exhausted with each tedious passing second. I tipped my head back and leisurely swallowed air, having no other choice but to disobey his orders.

Ryder waited for a few seconds before making his next move.

He withdrew his hand from his chin and took merciful strides towards me until the stubs of his leather boot enveloped feet were brushing my bare toes. Ryder took a long, unnervingly detained breath before lashing out and yanking me from the ground like a floppy lifeless doll.

He clasped my body uncomfortably close to his own, squeezing my weakened frame against him. I was too emotionally and physically drained to fight him away. I was beyond ashamed to admit that he could do what he wanted to me, and he knew that.

The heat radiated from his chest sending nonpleasurable shivers down my spine, his dark almond irises scanned my face curiously, he said nothing, mutely allowing his furious breath to feather across my face.

"What's the point?" To my disgust as I addressed him my parched lips skimmed his plump ones. Bringing back unwanted memories, maybe somewhere under this crazed exterior he was still, him.

Ryder didn't respond for a few seconds before his chest began to vibrate and a throaty chuckle escaped his lips.

"There is no point," He murmured as if it were obvious. He threw me a happy grin like a little-overjoyed puppy.

"I just want my vengeance, you pierced my soul, you destroyed me, Sasha. For that, I will shred everything you love to pieces then I will leave you alive, so that you will live second basking ever in the torture you brought against yourself. "

Ryder perked up, "Speaking of tearing your 'oh so sweet' life apart!" He hesitated for dramatic effect; I seriously wanted to strangle him.

"That's actually why I am here now...You know you're going to have to do a little jab-jab maybe even a little kick-kick to someone's head. Just do what you are an expert at darling... killing."

"I do fancy a wee little glimpse at the infamous Black-widow. And BTW couldn't you have come up with a- well I don't know -more original name? Black widow? Seriously? Someone is apparently a die hard Iggy and Rita fan."

I did what little I could do in response to that, I spat in his face, "You are borderline, demented. "

Ryder cringed before giving me a lopsided grin, almost reminding me of his old self for a moment, "Says the one who just projected their saliva into my face, I mean that's a little bit nasty don't you think?"

I didn't reply to that.

"Alright, well we better get going, or we are gonna be late for the tea party!" He began to yank me across the darkness.

"Let go of me! I am not going anywhere with you!" I sought to push my body away from him but it was no use, I couldn't.

He was too strong, and I was too weak. I shoved away whatever little amount of pride I had left and began to scream like a banshee. "Help me! HELP! PLEASE!"

Ryder opened a door and elbowed me into a dark hall. Flickering lights stretched across the ceiling; rotten slime clung to the cement walls. It took my eyes a few moments to adjust to the new scene until Ryder decided to tie a blindfold over my eyes.

Asshole.

"I AM BEING KIDNAPPED!" I shrieked, hopelessly.

"Let's dial back the dramatics, sweetheart you are giving me a severe head ache," Ryder whispered sarcastically into my ear. I blinding snapped my head in the direction he was and bashed my nose into his by accident, "Ouch." He muttered, I felt him pull away and I grinned in satisfaction.

"Look at that Ryder! Some accidents do turn out right, but your birth is not one of them," I declared triumphantly, and that's when I was thrown to the floor, I lay then groaning in pain for a few passing seconds. I could sense Ryder standing over me, and he no doubt a smirk painted over his stupid face, he laughed before dragging me back up.

"Whoopsie! Accident!"

"Get off me, you Sadist! HELP! SOMEONE!"

"Oo-la la, Sadist? That's different. I adore it." He said to himself, ignoring the remainder of my sentence.

"I fucking want to whack your head against the floor..."

"Don't worry sweetheart; you can take your anger out of someone else in a few moments."

"SOMEBODY FUCKING HELP ME!" Ryder loosened his grip on me stepping away and sighing, happily as if a weight had suddenly been lifted off his shoulders.

"Finally! We are here; now I don't have to listen to the wailing women!"

The blindfold was torn from my eyes, and I stumbled backward not realizing Ryder was behind me until I ran into his rough chest. He grabbed my bicep not to steady me but to make sure I wouldn't try and make a run for it.

I looked up at him, only now in the silence that we shared between us could I hear the haunting chanting on the opposite side of the rusty doors in front of us, "I will not go in there..." I whispered knowing very well what was on the other-side.

"Then it is a good thing that you don't have a choice," Ryder shoved the doors open pushing me inside, the spotlights instantly blinded me.

I cautiously stumbled forward looking around the massive space that I was in; it looked like an abandoned warehouse or underground car park.

Hundreds of people gathered around two men both glistening in sweat with blood all over their humongous bodies. Cuts thick enough to be done with knives, muscles bigger them my entire body. The men wrestled will no hesitation throwing each other to the ground, kicking and punching much to the crowd's delight.

"Don't faint sweetheart." Ryder came up from behind me and held my bicep again, "And don't even think about running."