chapter | twenty-six

comment ⌨️
vote ⭐️

"I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you..."

I hit the punching bag with such force, I could hear the unique slap of the leather making contact with leather' even over the loud music playing.

"Cause I forget but I'll never forgive you,"  I mumbled lightly to the lyrics.

Damian and I decided to work out in the old basement; through our many random conversations we discovered our common ways of dealing with emotions; completely ignoring them.

Which results in violence.

I roundhouse kicked the bag the music filling my adrenaline rush, "You broke my heart but there's nothing you can do!" Damian shouted with the music while doing sit-ups on the other side of the room, I laughed at him and continued assaulting the bag.

*THIRD PERSON VIEW*

Soon the song ended and Sasha stepped back from the punching bag, sweat trickling over her body and her muscles aching from the harsh work-out, she rolled her shoulders back and cracked her neck.

Sasha wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her arm, Damian finished his 100th push up and looked up at Sasha in silence, his heart went out to the girl behind her hard facade.

He had never heard a life story as screwed as hers, he didn't know how to view her anymore.

Was she just the heartless delinquent he first saw her as?

Was she the broken girl in kitchen from a few hours ago?

Damian had no idea who she was, as much as he wished he did. He didn't.

He had learned to love Sasha in the way of a protector, he wanted to protect her from everything and help her recover.

But there are some things he couldn't do.

Even though Sasha had become as attached to him as he was to her; he had to remember why he was here. This was a job. Not a holiday with his best friend.

* SASHAS POV*

A light knock awoke me from my slumber and I peeked my eyes open and peered around my bedroom, "Yes?" I called out tiredly, stretching out on the bed, my muscles still hurt from the hard work.

I groaned' my back cracked from doing a weird stretch which made my back was bent into a position it definitely wasn't made to go into.

"Are you alright in there?" Nathan asked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah I'm fine, I was just sleeping." I rolled over in bed hoping to return to my beckoning slumber.

"Oh sorry okay..." He paused awkwardly on the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes.

"Well... my mate and I are gonna order some Pizza' in around half an hour if you wanna come down to the gym and have some. You can bring Damian if you want."

Pizza, yummy. Exactly what I feel like. Hmm. I love me some pizza.

Hunger got the best of me and I told Nathan that I would be down as soon as the pizza guy arrived.

He left me to sleep seconds later. I closed my eyes and let the energy drain from my veins once again falling into deep slumber.

Ryder ran his hand through his soft hair and I looked at his beautiful eyes, I couldn't help but be captivated by the different golds and browns swirling in the Iris.

I brought my hand up and delicately traced the outline of his well-structured cheek. He giggled making me grin at his cuteness and pushed his face into my hand lightly as if begging to be held, just like a little puppy. My little puppy.