chapter | thirty

comment ⌨️
vote ⭐️

I skidded across the tiles with my socks and walked into the kitchen, making a beeline towards the fridge with determination, I swung the fridge door open and gazed in awe at the heaven in front of me.

My eyes wandered across the different shelves before landing on little cakes, sitting in the corner; score! I lunged forward grabbing a muffin from the fridge.

I kicked the door shut with my foot, I jumped, sliding across the kitchen counter and hummed with pure happiness while devouring the precious mini cake.

The front door slammed open and I paused mid bite.

"Whomp iz wit?" I shouted out with food still in my mouth.

"Wow, your mother and I really did raise you badly." Luke tried to joke. I swallowed my mouthful, suddenly not hungry anymore; I chucked the last remains of my muffin in the bin. My fists balled up from his presence and fire pierced through my body, his company itself is a major mood kill.

I glared at him with such hate, he was pure evil; the way he carried himself was soulless. To try and find his humanity was an impossible mission.

I may have forgiven Nathan but that's because he was just a teenage boy, fighting for his dads approval. He was younger and didn't understand the consequences of his decisions. Now he does and he actually apologised. Luke had come no where close to showing remorse.

"Sasha, I was kidding no need to get all defensive." Luke said taking in the change in my exterior and mood, his voice successfully breaking me from my train of thought. He chuckled but it was emotionless.

"What do you want?" I spat out and I noticed a small fire ignite in his eyes before he controlled himself. Making me think that he had reason to his approach, he wouldn't communicate with me if he didn't have a legitimate motivation. Obviously we don't enjoy each others company and this whole living under the same roof thing only works if we avoid each other at all costs, he was breaking the unspoken rule.

"Look, I need you to do something for me." I rolled my eyes, there it is. I began walking out of the room, he forcefully grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"I don't owe you anything." I hissed.

"Yes, you do, I'm your father you will do as I say." I snorted and yanked my arm from his grasp. Making his permeant frown deepen.

"You have no right to call yourself my father, Mr. Sperm donor." He glared at me before a smirk crawled onto his face. Bipolar son of a bitch.

"Sit down kid, you're gonna wanna listen to what I have to say." Luke gestured to the kitchen seat and I frowned in response. His tone made me cower inside, it was so serious and manipulative. I would never show him the fear it made me feel.

I took his offer and placed myself in the seat. He sat down across from me and leaned back putting his legs on the table. I watched small grains of dried mud fall from his combat boots to the once shiny table top.

"Start talking." I demanded.

"You will never guess who reached out to me the other day."

"I won't guess, you're right,  just tell me." I growled leaning back and crossing my arms over my chest.

He gazed at his finger nails, pretending they where to most interesting thing ever, "I was at work when I got a call from an unknown number, I assumed it was one of my Buyers; so I answered. "

"So what?"

He shifted his gaze from his nails back to me, Luke kicked his feet off the table and leaned forward crossing his arms over the table top.