Chapter 43: {Heartless}

SASHA

SASHA

I grabbed the handgun in my father's desk drawer. While retracting my hands, my finger tips skimmed the sharp blade of a knife. I sighed and stole the knife too.

"You ready?" Vesper asked from behind me.

After pocketing a few extra bullets, I nodded my head. I turned suddenly, quickly ambling the barrel of the gun straight at his skull.

He dropped his weapon and fear took over his features. I shook my head in anger, "Are you?" I teased, mockingly raising an eyebrow and glancing at the gun lying on the floor.

I can't bring him if this is going to be his reaction if someone points a gun at his head. Hopeless.

The idiot is going to get himself killed in seconds.

He rolled his eyes before leaning down and grabbing the handle, he tucked the gun into the waistband of his shorts, when doing so he lifted up his thin black shirt up. One word, abs. I greedily stared as his perfectly shaped torso and ignored the vain look that formed on his face.

"Try not to get too distracted, Love."

I tucked a knife into my boot and rolled my eyes, "Let's get going we are waiting precious time. Where did you say he is?"

"I didn't say," He teased, proud of himself. I glared at Vesper showing my disdain, so he continued, "Chase is hiding out in the twenty-third apartment of the Atomic hotel on Fifth Street." I nodded, opening the door and walking through the house.

So...Apartment 23...Atomic Hotel.

I have no fucking clue where that is.

-

"This is it," I was dazed at the sight of the run down hotel, The A-in-Atoms was handing off, and the lights flickered with every passing second. The dark of night intensified the horrific feeling it gave off.

"This place looks like something from a horror movie," I mumbled, Vesper silently agreed before climbing from his seat and walking around my side and letting me out, before I even had a chance to move.

I held back a grin, even though the act was unnecessary it was appreciated.

"Let's go," He said oblivious to the butterflies he had caused in my stomach. He continued walking through the doors; an unsettling feeling rushed through my belly, replacing the butterflies. The place was like a nuke town, completely abandoned. I couldn't see a single soul.