chapter | thirty-four

comment ⌨️vote ⭐️

comment ⌨️
vote ⭐️

Chase climbed onto the ring, acting like he owned the place, "Are we fighting for an amount of money or to the death?" The host asked us while he walked over to the three red bands surrounding the square. I glared at Chase not being able to snap out of my shock; I hate him. I want him out of my families life before he has the chance to damage Sasha and Sophie more than he already has.

"Death," A voice yelled, and I quickly managed to recognise it as Vesper's, he gained hoots of approval and agreement. Chase should have just run and never came back when he had the chance.

"If that's what the crowd wants, then that's what we will give em aye?" Chase asked laughing like we were still the best of friends. I tightened my fists so hard that each of my knuckles cracked under the extreme pressure.

A sense of Deja vu flashed before my eyes, making me frown.

I was standing in the hallways with Chase laughing as we joked to most stupid of stuff, "Dude, did you see Ms Dee's shirt today? I swear she is not even trying to hide her Horney-ness anymore," Chase mumbled in a scared childlike voice making me crack up.

"Fuck, now I wish I didn't skip the first period that would have been gold," I patted him on the back, pretending to feel remorse, although I think the fact that I still laughing my head off, gave it away that I only saw the humour in his situation.

The hallway quieted down, and I knew what was coming. I was never really a social butterfly and having Chase as my best friend was enough we had each other, and it seemed everyone else was too scared of me to try and be friends anyway. Not that it bothered me.

I liked being alone. But my socially accepted nerd of a sister was anything but unpopular.

Ryder and Sasha walked through the hallway just like I expected; the crowd parted for the schools very own 'It Couple' Ruby, Sasha's best friend walking behind them with her latest air-head boyfriend holding her hand. Sasha skidded to a stop and politely recovered Ryder's hand from her shoulders and walked over to Chase and me, her usual friendly kind smile grasping her innocent face.

"Hey bro, hey Chase." She pulled me into one of her bone-crushing hugs and laughed when I groaned.

"Are you trying to pop my lungs Jesus women!" I complained. But she knew I loved her hugs.

Chase watched us, his eyes remaining on Sasha for a little too long for it to be considered just a friend smile, my eyes narrowed for a few seconds. But, I stupidly shrugged it off, he wouldn't like Sasha that would be weird.