chapter | twenty-three

comment ⌨️
vote 💫

I was speechless, to say the least.

I stared at the girl and her familiar chocolate brown eyes stared back at me, mirroring the shock I felt. Her dark hair falling in loose waves around her. A burst lip and massive cut on her head leaked bright fresh red blood, Ruby had defiantly left her mark on Sophie.

Her once pale complexion even paler, her eyes holding large dark bags under them as if she hadn't slept well in a very long time.

I saw into her eyes, the eyes that I once looked into as choked her and tried to steal her life away from her. I'm guessing she's around the age of 14 to 15 now. That would make sense that she's a freshman in high school.

Neither of us had enough courage to say anything, I thought she had been killed back at the arena after I went after Ryder. I never looked back to check what happened to her. By the expression on her face.

She thought I was dead too. But no, she made it out of the fighting arena and so did I.

At least now, I know that Ryder's death was not pointless.

My palms sweated, I couldn't understand if I wanted to scream and hit her, or hug her and tell her that I'm glad she's alive.

Suddenly realization dawned upon me, she was the only person who knew about what actually happened to Ryder and the unforgivable sins I had committed in that horrible arena.

She could destroy everything, she could tell the police that I was a murderer. But she has no proof... But what if she does? Never be too cautious in this fucked up world. If she has proof and wants to tell the police and spill the beans on my past, well I can't let that happen.

I can't let Sophie do that to me, after all, I've done for her I can't understand why she would want to. But I still need to make sure that what she knows, she keeps to herself.

How am I supposed to do that, though?

Maybe I could threaten her? Show her that I'm still the monster I was back then. That I'm still capable of killing.

Not that I would kill her, just make sure that she locks her lips and chucks away the keys.

"So you're alive-," She started but I interrupted her bluntly.

"We need to talk, somewhere more private." I will give her an opportunity to promise me that she won't tell anyone and if she doesn't swear to secrecy. That's when I will have no other choice but to make sure by force.

She looked at me suspiciously before her chocolate eyes widened and she shuffled back until her back was completely pressed to the cold lockers. Her eyes showing me every emotion that she felt. Distress. Fear.

"I won't hurt you." For now. She visibly relaxed, blind to the thoughts in my head. The thoughts of a psychopath. Oh well, I'm used to them.

"Would you like to meet up after school?" She asked me, I thought about it before shaking my head. I need to get this over and done with now.

"Can't you just skip last period? It's lunch after all." I asked her, she stayed silent in response. I tilted my head to the right like an animal. Observing the girl while she thought over her options.

"SASHA?!" Damian.

I heard his footsteps approaching from behind and I nodded my head to Sophie signaling that she leaves. She got the message and quickly pulled the hood of her red jumper over her head and walking away.

By the time she had disappeared around the corner Damian reached me his face a crimson red from running, you would that being a cop would make him fitter. Clearly not, "Wh-oo wa-s that?" He asked slightly out of breath.