just friends

Previous Chapter:
What Luke said rang back and fourth in my head all day. It's okay to rely on people. It's okay.
~~~~
Bri's Point Of View:

That night I decided to tell Kat what happened on Calum and I's date.
"So, after doing some thinking, we realized that we were second cousins." I explained, leaving her with her jaw dropped. "Oh, umm, wow. Okay then. It's good that you found out sooner rather than later though." She's always so positive. "I'm pretty sure I would've rather found out sooner than sooner." I say back and she just sighs. "Well, you should get some rest, tomorrow's a brand new day and everything will be fine." Kat says, flipping off our lamp.
But I can't sleep, I can't even think straight. I can't even begin to express how disappointing this experience was.
-
I wake up to the buzzing of my alarm clock. Greattttt. Another day. I get up, go into the shower, then get dressed.

Once the clock strikes eight, Kat and I wake our kids up and go to the cafeteria for their breakfast. I ate a fruit bowl with sugar sprinkled on top.
We go to the pool next, since it's Tuesday.

I watch the kids splash and play in the pool, they seem so happy and cheerful.
Soon enough, water starts to downpour on us, so were rushed into the activity room. Every counselor will be there. Even Calum. I gulp and hope I can avoid him.
I feel tapping on my shoulder, so I turn around, expecting it to be a ten year old girl asking to use the bathroom, but instead it's Calum. I sigh. "Yes?" He smiles warmly and looks down at the ground. "So, Sunday night was a disaster, but I was thinking that we could be just friends? How does that sound?" He asks and I smile back. "That sounds great!" I say and we formally shake hands, like friends do.
I immediately felt relief spread through my body. Maybe I never really had a crush on him.... maybe I just wanted to be friends with him. "So, as friends, we should get to know each other." Calum proposes. "Okay, I'd be fine with that. Let's start at the basics. What's your favorite color? Mine's grey and purple." I ask and he responds with 'blue'. "And technically, grey isn't a color, it's a shade." He says. Ah what a smart ass. "What's your favorite thing to do around here?" He asks and I shrug. "I live in Canada, but I like ice hockey there." I say and he says that he like making music. "Oh really? That's so cool!" I say and he nods, "Yeah, I play the bass in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer. It's pretty lit." Calum says and I let a small giggle slip out. "Who are the other members?" I curiously ask. "My mates, Michael, Luke, and Ashton." He says, waving them over. Michael is talking to Kat, what cuties, and Luke and Ashton are actually being responsible and looking after their kids, but none of the counselors are actually paying attentions, and the kids are running wild, so it really doesn't matter.
"Hey Brianna." Michael says first. I give him a weird look and he says that Kat told him my name. Calum re-introduces me to Luke and Ashton. "I've talked to Luke before, we have Monday, Wednesday, and Friday art together." I say while shaking all three of their hands. Luke blushes when I mention his name. Hmmm, how peculiar. It's so odd how Luke is so shy yet he sticks out like a sore thumb....
he's not that ugly either....