heroes

Previous Chapter:
I widen my eyes, "shit, did I just say that out loud?!" Luke nods and pulls my face into his.
~~~~

The first thing Luke does once we're both in his car is blast his radio. Heroes by David Bowie plays. What a great song. He starts to lean and when our lips are just a few centimeters away from each other, he whispers "You said it'd be better if we were making out" with a giant smirk across his face.
Seconds later he grabs my face with both his hands and presses our lips together. Our kiss doesn't start slow, like it does in the movies, it's passionate and fast and energetic from the very beginning. I slip my tongue into his mouth and our tongues and lips twist in swirls of rainbows and colors. I feel fireworks going through us, and, I swear, he can feel them too. Luke explores my body with both of his hands as I mess with his hair with one hand and my other is places on his shoulder, slowly edging him on. 'We could be heroes, just for one day' Bowie shouts from inside Luke's car radio and I know that Luke is my hero today. He's my hero everyday.

We don't even end our kiss like the movies, we slam back into our car seats as the final chords of Heroes fades away. My lipstick is all messed up and Luke's hair is slightly messer than my life. I make eyes with him, and he grins from ear to ear. I like my teeth and face the road.

Luke starts his car and begins to drive, he has one hand on the steering wheel and the other places on my upper thigh.