M.Y.C.4

Jayln Anderson

"This way" Terrance says leading the way down the bleachers, when we reach a few of his friends we take our seats.

"About time y'all show up" His friend, Mariah tells us. I focus my attention on the players while Terrance and Mariah converse, since I don't know her I didn't really feel the need to engage in a conversation with her.

---

After the game we drive over to the pizza parlor, Mariah came with her boyfriend so they drove together. Terrance promised to meet up with her once we got there.

Stepping inside we look around the parlor seeing nearly every booth taken, "There's one" Terrance points out, "Go save us a seat, what kind of soda do you want by the way?" He asks digging in his pocket for his wallet.

"Strawberry fanta" I mumble, then maneuver my way through the crowd of teens over to the empty booth, taking my seat I observe my surroundings, everyone looked as if they were all enjoying their time, I of course was as well in a way. I mean the company of Terrance is all I needed I'd rather just go to the park with him than be here but this was something he wanted to do so I respected it.

"I ordered the meat lovers" Terrance says scooting into the booth with our drinks in hand. He passes me my drink and I thank him as I grab the straw from him.

"We gotta wait like ten minutes or so" he tells me taking a swig from his soda

"Til then, tell me what's up, did you enjoy the game?" I nod as I look around, "It was really good actually, I think I found a new interest" I mention.

"Here you guys go" a young lady says placing our pizza on the table, I watch her dig into her apron and pull out a small amount of napkins and place them down before walking off.

Terrance wastes no time grabbing a slice, the largest one at that. I watch him take a bite then look up at me, "Well, are you going to eat some or will I have to consume all of this?" I lean forward and grab a slice, I take a sausage off and pop it into my mouth and chew then swallow.

"Just bite it" I hear him say, as he said I take a bite of the pizza and already want to spit it out, it would be fine if it didn't have that weird tasting tomato sauce on it, I force myself to swallow it them begin picking the sausage and pieces of pepperoni off. I eat one by one and then rub the sause off with my index finger leaving just the dough by itself.

"You spent all that time doing that and I already ate four slices" Terrance says as he grabs another slice.

I ignore him and grab a slice proceeding to do the same thing I did with my first slice.
"T!" Someone yells, I look straight ahead while Terrance looks over his shoulder, it was Mariah, she smiles and waves as she approaches us, Terrance stands and pulls her into a hug then offers her a seat.

I sit back while the both of them have a conversation, I engage in a few topics until she said she had to go home since she had to babysit tomorrow.

"Hey can I ask you something?" I nod without looking up from my phone.

"Do you like um.. Can you see ghosts or spirits in mirrors or reflections?" I slowly lift my head and look at him lost for words, we have a stare down until I stand up and walk over to the exit.

"Jayln where you going?" I hear him say but I ignore him, once I'm outside I begin to walk down the street until I hear him call my name again followed by the sound of foot steps.

"Jayln, I'm sorry just hold up" he says pulling my upper arm and turning me towards him.

I look up at him with tear filled eyes, "If all you're going to do is make a joke out of this then don't even bother okay, I've had enough of that" I tell him.