M.Y.C.18

Jayln Anderson

My eyes spring open as I sit up and wipe my fallen tears, I guess I wasn't just crying in my nightmare. I stumble out of bed and walk down the hall to the bathroom. Turning the sink water on, I bend down and cup a small amount of water in my hands and splash it on my face to calm myself down as well as cool myself off since I was sweating. Grabbing the towel, I wipe my face off and look into the mirror.

"It was just a dream" I say looking at my reflection, "horrible one at that" I place both hands on the counter as I take slow and steady breaths, looking up into the mirror I see Mariah with the bride standing behind her, she was smiling but it wasn't a welcoming one. It was creepy to the point I got chills. I watch as the bride places her hand along Mariah's shoulder. Mariah's eyes turn black and blood begins spilling out of her mouth at a rapid rate.

I scream and run out the bathroom to Lorraine and Ed's bedroom. I hit on the door repeatedly until Lorraine swings it open.

"What's wrong?" I cry frantically as I try to explain myself to her. Grabbing both sides of my arms she looks at me and encourages me to calm myself then explain to her.

"M-mariah, I-I saw her in the mirror a-and the bride was behind her she w-was bleeding out her mouth and I think she might be in danger" I say as I continue to cry.

"Who's Mariah?" Ed questions as he approaches us.

"The girl Terrance went to winter formal with, something isn't right I think they may be in danger" I grab Lorraine's hand and begin pulling her out of the house.

"How do you know for sure?" she questions as I open the front door and step outside. "I just do okay come on"

"Wait, calm down I think you're hallucinating" I shake my head no, I knew I wasn't hallucinating. What I saw was real, it had to be a warning sign of some sort. I didn't want to ignore it only to find out that something I could've prevented happened.

"Please Lorraine" I plea, wiping away the tears that started to form in my eyes.

"Okay, let me get Ed" she says calmly as she walks back inside, I wait for at least five minutes for them, when they didnt come outside I decided to just run the Mariah's house she lived at least two neighborhoods away so I was confident that I could get to her house in time by foot.

Terrance Welmaker

"Isn't that going to harm your baby?" I ask Mariah as she  lights up a cigarette

"Isn't that going to harm your baby?" I ask Mariah as she  lights up a cigarette. We have been sitting on her bedroom floor for two hours now. There was nothing but silence between the both of us, I figured she was still upset from whatever happened back at the dance with Quincy. I wanted to ask her about it but I didn't exactly know how to approach the situation.

"I'm going to kill it" she utters, I quickly look up at her and frown.

"What do you mean kill it?"