M.Y.C.17

Terrance Welmaker

"A few more pictures" Lorraine says as she snaps the camera, I pose a few more times until she's finished. Tonight was Winter Formal and I was going, without Jay unfortunately. I had asked her if she wanted to go but she denied my offer. Word around school got out that she had been checked into a psych hospital and the kids at our school started bullying her because of it so she decided not to go, she just didn't want to be in an environment like that.

Stepping into her room I knock on the open door to get her attention, she looks up from her book then at me. I watch as she smiles and gets out of bed, "You look so good" she comments.

"I always do" I say fixing my tie, I look at the baby blue dress with rhinestones on it sitting on her chair then back at her, "You sure you don't wanna go?" I ask which probably had been the fourteenth time in the last three hours, she shakes her head no and walks back over to her bed, climbing in it she picks her book back up and begins reading it.

"Well okay, I'll probably be back tomorrow morning since the dance won't be over til midnight or something, I'll crash at Mariah's place" I say as I walk over to her and give her a hug. "Have fun Terrance" she says rubbing my back.

---

"This nigga got a car of his own and you want me to pick him up are you serious?" I ask Mariah, she had the audacity to ask me if I would pick Quincy's ass up.

"Yes but its in the shop please T pleasee" she begs, I roll my eyes and let out some air.

"Man okay whatever" I say stopping at a red light, I hate her nigga so much. She so blinded by all his bullshit she don't see that he'll lead her down the wrong path.

"Nah bruh you gotta leave that shit outside" I tell Quincy, pointing at the lit cigarette he has in his hand.

"I'm almost finished"

"Don't bring that shit in my car" I warn, I hated the smell of cigarettes with a passion and this nigga smelled exactly like that on a daily basis. I wait for him to finish the cigarette before pulling off. I roll all four windows down so my car don't smell like his ass for a good week.

"Roll my window back up, you're messing up my hair" Mariah complains. Ignore her until she hits me.

"No, he just lit up my car with that smell" I hear Quincy laugh from the backseat.

"I don't see nothing funny nigga" I say sternly looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"Calm down player it ain't that deep" he says laughing, I look over at Mariah then shake it off because if not I'd end up saying some out of pocket shit.

Arriving at the dance we all hop out and walk over to the entrance, stepping inside it smells like two cans of bounce that ass, I never knew way some girls would attend dances when they smell like straight up like clam chowder soup. Just shaking their ass on the dancefloor as if they can't smell that they coochie stank.

I push past a few girls and make my way over to an empty table, I don't even now why I decided to come to this shit if Jayln wasn't going to come with me. I was third wheeling with my best friend and he stupid nigga.

"Hi Terrance" someone from behind me says, I look over my shoulder and see Naomi, a girl I had for my History class. I wave and watch as she sits down in the seat across from me.

"Enjoying the dance?" She questions, I shake my head no.

"I rather be at home to be honest" I say truthfully. She just looks at me and nods, Naomi has had a crush on me since 8th grade year. It was cute and all but I felt bad because I'd never give her the time of day and I didn't want her to think that she had a chance with me when she didn't. Like I said before I don't do relationships I'm too young for all of that shit. I see the way my best friend gets treated and that makes me not want to be in one even more.

"T take a picture!" Mariah yells over the music.

"Do it yourself" I mumble, she grabs my arm and shoves her phone in my hand. I click her camera app and wait for her and Quincy to pose before taking the picture.

"Shit man you ugly as hell" I say snapping the picture

"Shit man you ugly as hell" I say snapping the picture. Mariah hits me and makes me take another one. After I do, I hand her; her phone back.

"Aw baby, we look cute" she says looking down at the picture.

I walk away from them and head outside to get some fresh air, steppi outside a see a few of my classmates.

"Aye what's up Terramce!" AJ shouts, I jog over to them and dab them up.

"We finna bounce you wanna home with?" John asks. I look over my shoulder and at the entrance of the dance before shaking my head no.

"I have to drive my friend home, where y'all going?" I question

"Down to the lake with a few college kids" Jake tells me. I look over my shoulder when I hear yelling.

"Fuck you too!" Mariah yells as she comes storming out the dance, walking over to me she grabs my arm and pulls me over to the parking lot.

Its silent between us as we walk. All that can be heard it the should of her heels clicking against the cold concrete and her faint sniffles.

"Are you okay?" I question once I'm in route to her house, she doesn't respond instead she just looks out her the window.

"M, you can talk to me what happened?"

"Nothing Terrance just mind your business okay!" She snaps. I stay mute and look out at the road. A nigga was just trying to help her ass but all I get is attitude, girls are something else.

I'm not satisfied with this ch so I'm posting ch 18 right after 🌚

Comment x Vote babes 💘