M.Y.C.21

Jayln Anderson

"Try it again Jayln" Larkin insists, I close my eyes and focus on the balled up paper in the palm of my hand.

"Block out everything and listen to the sound of my voice okay" I nod.

"You need to make the paper catch fire them put it out all with your mind" he tells me.

I close my eyes again and hold my hand raised to the ceiling with the paper in my hand. "Now imagine that the ball of paper is on fire, put your only focus and energy into that" He coaches.

I listen to his instructions and a few seconds later my hand begins to get warm, "Okay that's great keep it up" Larkin says. I open my eyes and see that the paper is burning.

I stare at the flames amazed at the fact that I was able to set it on fire, when the flames begin to fade I look up at Larkin and frown. "What happened?"

"You lost your focus, when practicing your powers and even using them you must remain focused. If you don't you won't do it properly" he tells me.

"Now onto levitation" he says standing up.

"First off you ne-" the tapping on my bedroom window cut him off, we look at the window and see Terence.

"Why are you here?" I ask In a whisper as I help him inside.

"I have something to show you we have to go" he says grabbing my hand but I pull away, "I'm busy at the moment" he looks at me then over at Larkin.

"Fine, I'll stop by tomorrow or something"

"Actually Terrance, you can help us on this" Larkin says gesturing him to walk over to him. Terrance walks over to him and sits down in the chair in the corner.

"Okay I want you to use your mind and lift Terrance off the ground" he walks over to Terrance and makes him stand.

"Hold up, what you mean lift me off the ground, last time I checked my ass wasn't a balloon. My two feet will stay on this ground" he states.

"Macon is right down the hall, I advice you to stay quiet since you're not supposed to here in the first place."

"I don't approve of any-" Larkin looks at Terrance and mumbles something before nodding.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"Silencer spell, don't worry it only lasts 30 minutes but onto this" he sits down beside me, grabbing my hand he bends my ring finger down and points it at Terrance.

"Focus on him, make sure you're putting all you energy into making him leviate" he explains.

"Why do I have to use my hand, don't I have to use my mind?" I question.

He nods, "Yes but in other things we use our mind as well as our hands and levitation is one of them" I nod and clear my mind then look over at Terrance, his mouth was moving but you couldn't hear anything he was saying.

I take a deep breath to collect myself before going back into my concentration state. I slowly raise my hand and focus on lifting Terrance up from the ground just like Larkin said. After a few minutes and a headache I stop.

"Try again Jayln" Larkin insists. This time I close my eyes and focus, blocking out the slightest sounds like the ticking of the clock on my desk. I few seconds later I hear Larkin gasp causing me to open my eyes, I look at Terrance and see that he's a few inches off the floor.

"Okay now see if you can move him over to another spot, you have to imagine him moving to the right or left. Can you do that? " I hear Larkin say, I slowly nod. "Yeah.. I think so" I tell him as I imagine Terrance moving over to the left near my closet door. I gasp in disbelief and smile as I see his body float over to my closet.