chapter thirteen

"Who dying, Cato? And since when were you afraid of ghosts?"

"Look it doesn't matter." Cato told her.

"If it doesn't matter, why are you trying so hard to hide it Cato?" Clove asked.

"I am not hiding it," Cato snapped. "I don't want to talk about it."

Clove hugged Cato and gave him a small kiss.

"Please tell me babe. I wanna try to help you."

"I don't need help." Cato mumbled.

"But you certainly could use it." Clove told him. "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

"No. It's fine." Cato said.

"Are you sure babe? There's nothing at all I can do?"

"I'm sure Clove." Cato told her.

"Ok." Clove replied. "Coming back to bed?"

"Yeah okay." Cato answered and wandered back to her room.

Clove followed Cato in and hugged him from behind. She gave him a light kiss on the neck.

"I love you." She told him.

* * *

"I love you too Clover," Cato answered with a small smile, pulling her into her room gently.

Clove smiled back in return. If only they could stay like this forever and not go into The Games...

Cato laid back down, pulling Clove down gently and cuddled her.

Clove snuggled in and put her arms as far around him as possible.

Cato slept.

Clove one again rested her head on Cato's chest and fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

Cato slept peacefully.

* * *

Candice knocked on the door. "Yoo hoo! Up, up, up!" She said as she walked into the room, staggering back slightly less this time.

Clove rolled off Cato and opened her eyes, grunting.

"Its so early." Cato complained and yawned.

"It's the same as yesterday. Did you guys stay up late? What were you guys doing?" Candice questioned.

"We aren't used to this timetable," Clove answered. "it's different back home." She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"Jeez calm down woman." Cato muttered and sat up.

Candice have Cato a death stare and handed them their uniforms. Candice walked out of the room.

Cato pulled a face. "I don't think she likes me."

"I don't think she likes anyone." Clove replied. She started getting changed, Candice couldn't see that they were in the same room.

Cato got changed in the bathroom again, dampening down his hair.

Clove looked in the mirror and fixed her hair, realising for the first time just how messy it was.

Cato walked out of her room at a steady pace.

Clove joined Cato. Cato waited boredly. Candice came and instructed them into the elevator. Clove walked in.