chapter thirty-five

Cato ate a bit. He smiled slightly. "Today was amazing."

Clove smiled. "That it was." She murmured.

Cato smiled at her and looked up at the sky, it was a faint orange colour.

Clove closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had never really feared the games, but she didn't know that there would be days like that in them.

Cato wrapped his arm round her waist and kissed Clove's cheek.

Clove giggled. She hoped the cameras were elsewhere. Little did she know, all eyes were watching the district twelves at that time.

Cato sighed and squeezed her waist gently.

"I love you." Clove whispered softly.

"I love you too." Cato whispered back.

* * *

Clove smiled. She was getting tired again. She briefly wondered why a day of sleeping was so tiring.

"Go to sleep, Clover, I can take first watch." Cato told her quietly.

"Thank you." Clove murmured. She lay down, putting her head in Cato's lap and closing her eyes.

Cato stroked Clove's hair gently.

Clove slept peacefully.

Cato kept watch.

Clove woke a few hours later to another faint movement in her stomach. She felt well rested and sat up. "I'll take it from here." She told Cato, patting his shoulder.

Cato flinched at her touch, he was still alert. "Okay then," he muttered.

Clove smiled and adjusted her position so she was upright, sitting cross-legged.

Cato begun to doze off, laying next to Clove.

Clove looked out into the darkness.

Cato had a good sleep.

* * *

The first rays of sun rose behind their backs. Clove smiled.

Cato slowly started to wake, he opened his eyes and blinked a few times.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Clove said, stretching.

"Good morning," Cato murmured and stayed laying down, feeling too lazy to get up.

Clove smiled. "We finished the bird. Hope you're not hungry."

"Nope, are you though?" Cato asked her quietly.

"Kind of." Clove was starving.

"Lets go hunting then," said Cato as he began to get up.

Cato went to grab his bag, finding it gone. He frowned slightly and looked at Clove. "Do you have my bag?"

Clove creased her eyebrows. "No." She said. "Where did you last put it?"

"By the tree." Cato answered and looked around. "Bloody hell." He muttered.