The First Apologies

Just then, they all walked out and I couldn't find them. I felt so guilty. I managed to get out of the restaurant again and walked down the little backroad it was on. I headed towards the main highway so that I could hitchhike back home. I came across one of the other competitors trying to get her motorcycle to start. She was about my age and I remembered her seeming nice. "Need any help?" I asked.

"Not much you can do. It's dead. Where you headed?"

"Not sure. I was gonna hitchhike home."

"Why? They haven't announced the winner yet."

"Well, considering I came back with one item, I'm not gonna win." I explained.

"Well, I came back with a bunch but I saw people with more than me." She replied. I handed her mine.

"You might as well have mine then. I went upstairs so I was disqualified anyways." She looked at me with a look of thanks. "Actually, do you know how to get to where the guys stay? I yelled at Misha, Jared, and Jensen, and I need to apologize."

"Yeah. I was headed there myself. I wanted to apologize to Misha for something." I nodded and we walked there together just talking about the competition and how unbelievably hard it was. We walked to a short glass building that held rooms for the guys and other supernatural cast only. We went inside but a guard stopped us. "Names?" We told him ours.

"Why are they here?" We heard Misha ask through the earpiece the huge guard was wearing.

"We're here to talk to you. We both have things to apologize for." The guard told us to go ahead. We went up to the 3rd floor and went to Misha's room. He was laying in bed with no lights on and staring at the ceiling. The only light was a small trickle through the window. My newfound friend stayed off to the side while I talked to Misha. "Misha?" I asked.

"What do you want, Sarah? I thought you hated me" He asked.

"Misha, I'm sorry." I started in tears. "I was just so frustrated with that course. I got hurt and then I got lost and I asked for help that was promised in the beginning and nothing happened. You hate me now and I get it, but I'm sorry. It wasn't right to yell at you or say I hated you and it wasn't true. I don't hate you. You've always been one of my favorite people and actors and I didn't mean what I said. You said that no matter what, we get to keep in contact with you. Please don't take that away from me." He changed ends of the bed and laid near where I was standing.

"Come closer. I'm too lazy to get up." I crouched down to his level. "I don't hate you. It was a complicated course but I never said it would be easy. We were all going back to try to find you. Don't worry, we aren't taking away your communication with us." He hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry, Misha. Do you forgive me?"

"Of course. I know you didn't mean what you said. I don't know if Jared and Jensen will feel that way, but I'm not mad. I actually admire that you came all this way to apologize." I nodded.

"Do you know where Jared is?" Misha changed sides of his bed again as I stood by the door. He shook his head.

"Jensen is in his room at the other end of the hall and Jared hasn't been seen since you were in the basement." I nodded and left.

I walked down the hall to Jensen's room and knocked on the door. I could tell he looked through the peephole at me. "Jensen, can we please talk? I swear I won't yell." He opened the door and let me inside. "Jensen, I'm here to say I'm sorry. I got really frustrated because of the course and I was upset because I was disqualified. I took it out on you guys because I asked for Jared to help me find my way back to the basement and he did nothing. It seemed like you guys were intentionally ignoring me. I don't hate you. You're honestly one of my favorite actors. You're such a kind and nice person and I didn't mean what I said. I came here to apologize to you and Misha and Jared. I already talked to Misha and now it's my turn to talk to you." I told him. "I'm serious, I'm sorry."

"Sarah, I understood that you were frustrated. Why did you think you were disqualified?"

"Because I went to the top level. I opened a door to go outside because knowing Misha, if he said not to go upstairs, that doesn't mean outside doesn't count. The doors were all locked and no one would let me in. I figured I would go around but then I got lost. I was just gonna head home since I know I lost, but I needed to at least apologize first." I explained.

"I appreciate that. You aren't DQ'd because we didn't realize the door was locked. Where are your items?"

"I gave my item to another competitor. She was pretty close in number to the one in the lead and I figured maybe my item would help her win since I won't. Jensen, I'm sure you're mad about what I said, but please forgive me. I'm sorry."

"I'm not mad. It's ok. I forgive you. Have you talked to Jared?" He asked.

"No. Misha doesn't know where he is."

"He's at a table in the restaurant. I think he's getting some drinks. He was pretty upset."

"Thanks." He nodded and I left to the restaurant. It took some walking but I made it there. I saw Jared in the corner by himself with a beer. I walked over.