News

The next day, we drove out to Jensen's. I was excited. I really wanted to meet JJ and Danneel. We went inside and Jensen was surprised to see me.

"Sarah, no offense, but why are you here? I thought you went home." He asked.

"My brother moved in with his girlfriend so I had nowhere to go. Jared and Gen are letting me stay with them." I replied.

"That's great. Glad you can hang out with us." We all went inside. He introduced me to Danneel and JJ. Danneel and I hit it off right away and we talked almost the whole time leading up to watching the show. We all sat around and watched the episode. It was done so well and it was amazing to see it all come together compared to what we were shooting.

"What episode does Sam have the flashback of my character?" I asked.

"I think they said episode 4."

"Awesome!" I replied. We were finishing up the episode when my phone started ringing. "Excuse me." I got up and went to answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey, sis. I have news. Our birth mom got in contact with me. She wants to adopt us. I agreed because they said I can still stay with my girlfriend. They want to adopt you too. Where are you?"

"Somewhere in Texas. I can't tell you where."

"Well, you better come back home. They're giving you a place to stay and everything. She talked to me and says she's changed her ways."

"Don't I get a choice since I'm 18?" I asked.

"They filed the papers when you were 17. The only way out is if someone else adopts you. Then you'd get a choice." He explained. "Why? Don't you want a family? I don't know what's gonna happen with dad but mom seems to be somewhat normal again. I just want you to have a family and a life."

"I kind of have one right now. I kind of have 2." I told him. I truly felt like I had a family staying with these guys.

"Who are you staying with?"

"I can't tell you."

"Ok. Just consider coming home. If you don't, they can legally find you."

"Ok. Thanks for the info." He hung up. No one seemed to suspect anything so I returned to everyone. We hung out for quite a while until we decided we better head back so we could get the kids to bed.

We went back to Jared's and after putting the boys to sleep, we were all about to head to bed when I spoke up. "Gen, can you and I talk for a sec?" She nodded.

"I'll be in in a bit." She told Jared. Jared headed to bed. Gen joined me on the couch. "What's up?"

"Well, you seem to be more ok with me being here and we actually get along pretty well. I want to hear what you have to say about what I found out in that phone call before I talk to Jared." She nodded. "Ok. So, my brother was contacted by our birth mom. She wants to adopt us back again. My brother agreed because she said he could continue staying with his girlfriend. I don't get a choice because she filed the paperwork when I was 17 and all they have to do is show in person that I am with them. I don't want to go. Not just because I like staying with you guys, but because it's not a good environment for me to be in. I heard from the orphanage workers that we were put there because my dad went to jail for robberies and my mom turned to drugs. I don't think I'm gonna be safe with them."

"Why don't you just not go home then?" She asked.

"Because he said the only way out is for someone else to adopt me. If I don't go, they are legally allowed to get the cops or someone to track me down. That puts you guys at risk too."

"This is gonna sound a lot harsher than I intend, but I don't think we can adopt you. Not that we wouldn't want to, because I'd love to, but I just don't know that it's the best choice for you. I think you need a family that is around all the time. Sure, I'm around here with the kids, but Jared is gone a lot. You aren't really going to have anyone constant." She explained.

"I wasn't asking you to make the choice to adopt me. I'd love you to, but I'm not saying you need to. I've never had a constant before though. I mean, my brother was there, but I never had a parent. I get it if the answer is no. Can I talk to Jared about it though? Please?"

"Of course. I'll send him out." I nodded. Moments later, Jared came down.

"What's wrong?"

"I got a call from my brother when we were at Jensen's. Our birth parents want to adopt us. He agreed and is still allowed to stay with his girlfriend. I don't get a choice because they filed the paperwork when I was 17 and all they have to do is take me to the court in person and I'm officially theirs. I don't want to leave. Partly because I love staying with you guys but also because I don't think it's safe to be with my parents. I was in the orphanage because my dad was in jail and my mom turned to drugs."

"Hey, you can stay all you want."

"But I can't. If I don't go home, they are legally allowed to get the cops to locate me. That's putting you at risk. The only way out is if someone adopts me." I explained. A few tears now leaked out. "Sorry. I'm not trying to be a crybaby."

"You're not being a crybaby. Why don't we try to find someone who will adopt you and let you keep staying here?"

"You want me to stay here?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm not part of your family. You have kids and a wife and I'm this homeless kid who still internally fangirls every time she talks to you."

"Because we care about you. You are so good with the boys and Gen has taken a liking to you too. If you don't think it's safe for you to be with your birth parents, we'll adopt you then." He offered.

"But Gen said you guys won't."

"What? Why?"

"Because she thinks I need to be in a household where the parents are both around all the time. You're gone a lot and she's worried that I won't really have anyone constant." I explained.

"That's true, but if you want to stay here and I mean if you truly think it's best, then we'll do it. I'll talk with Gen. Ok? Just think about it." I nodded. He gave me a huge Jared hug and I left to go to bed. I woke up in the morning to Tom and Shep jumping on my bed.

"Hey guys." I stated sadly. They stopped jumping.

"Why are you sad?" Tom asked.

"Just family stuff. Do you mind if I sleep some more? I'm really tired." They nodded sadly and left. I didn't mean to upset them but I was just so conflicted. I laid there and cried for a good 20 minutes.