Convention

It was finally the day we were going to speak at the convention. Jared and I were nervous and excited all at the same time. I waited backstage while they joked around and got the crowd riled up.

"Alright everyone, we're going to bring up a very awesome and special person on stage. You saw her character in episode 4. We are going to take questions from you once she's up here and then we have an announcement. Here she is- Sarah." I came up on stage and took a seat in between Jared and Jensen. The crowd was cheering but I was still super nervous that the girl would do something. People lined up on both sides of the stage ready to ask questions.

"My question is for Sarah. What's it like acting on the show at such a young age compared to the other actors?"

"Well, it's actually really fun. You feel more like a daughter than someone way younger than them. They treat you like family." I explained.

"My question is for Jared and Jensen. What is it like having to film scenes where your love interest is way younger than you and in general work with someone with such a big age gap?" She asked.

"Well, since it was Sam's flashback and not actually happening in the scenes, I didn't have to do a lot of pretending to be in love with her." Jared replied.

"And like she said, she's like family to all of us so she's more like a daughter than just some actor way younger than us." The questions came rolling in for Jared and Jensen and lucky for me, I was mostly kept out of it. Then someone stepped up and I could tell this would be bad.

"My question is for Sarah. Is it true you are sleeping with Jared?" She asked. The crowd started gasping and mumbling amongst themselves.

"No. I am not sleeping with Jared."

"But you are living with him."

"Yes but for different reasons."

"Well then tell the world your little secret. Tell them all about how you are dating Jared and are stealing him from Gen as we speak. Go ahead." She urged. Security went to take her away.

"Security wait. If they want to hear the truth, I'll give them the truth. It was supposed to be the announcement at the end but I'm gonna do it now." I looked at Jared and Jensen and they nodded in approval. I gave Misha a thumbs up. "Ok. As most of you know, I was on that competition with the guys and I was the one they chose to be the winner. The prize was a part on the show and a week to spend with them on set. They chose the part that I played and I got to stay there in a hotel and hang out with the guys every day. It was a blast. When I went to go home, I found out my brother had moved in with his girlfriend because we were getting threats from people from the competition and their friends. My brother was all I had. I was in an orphanage from when I was 3 until about 5 years ago. My dad is in jail and my mom was a drug addict. I had nowhere to go so Jared and Gen were nice enough to let me stay with them. Then I got a call that my mom wanted me back and filed for adoption. The only way out was to be adopted by someone else. Jared and Gen adopted me. My name is now Sarah Padalecki. I have never slept with Jared, I am not stealing him from his wife, I have never hurt him or his family, and I would never lie about that. I am Jared's daughter and I couldn't be happier that he is my dad. If you are out to try to prove me wrong, I want you to be honest and get out of the line for questions. Thank you." Security finished carrying that girl away and a small portion of the line went back to their seats. Jared hugged me.

"I love you, kiddo."

"Love you too, dad." We sat back down. The next question came up.

"My question is for Jared and Sarah. What's it like having Jared as your dad and what's it like having Sarah as your daughter?"