Addressing Feelings

"So what do you want to talk about, mom?"

"Everything. First, I want to say sorry for making you think I hate you. I don't. I was just upset that you never really talk to me when you promised you would. "

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you more. I was busy with filming and dating and everything. I never saw dad either so it wasn't just you." She nodded.

"I know. I get that. I understand. Another thing I want to discuss is Tyler. He seems like a nice guy. How's he treating you, how serious are you two, and what's the plan with him?"

"He treats me amazingly. He's very supportive of my decisions and he respects my boundaries. He has never hurt me in any way, and I really like him. We're getting pretty serious. We've mentioned marriage. Not like super soon but we both want to in the future. We both want to settle down someday." I told her. "He really is a good guy."

"We trust your judgement." Jared nodded in agreement. "Just don't rush anything." I nodded in understanding.

"Final thing to discuss," Jared started. "Are you serious about quitting acting?"

"Yes. Look, I know I'm 21 and am an adult and should live on my own but I've only had a family for 3 years. I need to be in a place and situation to where I can talk to my parents. I had times when work was hard or life was hard and I could have used my dad or my mom but with my schedule plus the time difference and a couple other things, I never could talk to you guys. Plus I have 2 little brothers who need to see their big sister. Maybe someday I'll act again once Tyler and I settle down or something but I'd rather live with mom while dad's off and dad while he's filming. It's what I need for my life and I'm sorry if that disappoints you."

"You don't disappoint us by choosing this. I just don't get why you'd want to give up your dream just to be with us. We just want you to be happy." Jared replied. I felt the tears in my eyes. "Sarah, I didn't mean to upset you, you know that. I just don't want you to wish you stayed with it."

"You aren't disappointing me either. If being with us will make you happy, we're fine with it." Gen added.

"Well you're sure making me feel like I'm disappointing you, dad. You have been for a while. I'm happy with you and you've never seemed to understand that." I cried out before going to my room and slamming the door. There was a knock almost instantly after. "If you're Tyler, I'm sorry, but leave me alone for a while ok?"

"Ok. I'm here if you want to talk." A little while later, someone else knocked. He opened the door and came in. He shut it gently behind him.

"What, dad? If it's about slamming the door, I'm sorry."

"It's not that. I don't really care that you slammed the door. Just tell me why. Why do you think you're disappointing me?"

"Because that's how you've been acting. You never made an effort to talk to me when I lived in the same freaking city as you. You acted like not ever talking to or seeing me was how you wanted it so it came across like you didn't want me to be with you. Now that I want to be with you and mom more, you bring up every possible reason for me to keep acting and pretty much never see you again. How do you think that feels? You've never seemed to care about what makes me happy. I'm happy with you and you act like you don't want me around. Sometimes, you make me wish I had never been on that competition. I knew no one cared about what I wanted." I replied angrily. I didn't mean it but I was just mad that he seemed to want me out of his life. He got up and walked out. I heard him talking to Gen just outside my door with tears audible in his voice.

"I'm sure she didn't mean it, Jared."

"She meant it. She wishes she wasn't my daughter. I can't believe she really hates me that much. I screwed up with everything in Vancouver."