Reparations

"We're all glad you're ok." Danneel added.

"Thanks." We watched tv to take our minds off of everything. The boys and JJ came out suddenly and I was rushed with hugs from Tom and Shep followed by JJ. Tom continued to hold on tightly.

"I missed you Sarah. Don't go away again. Please."

"I'm not running off again, bud. Don't worry. I love you too much for that. And of course Shep and JJ too." He nodded and they went off to play.

"You sure you're ok?" Jensen asked.

"Yes. Will everyone quit asking me that?" I snapped. I went back to my room. Jensen followed me. "What do you want, Jensen?"

"We can all tell you aren't ok. I just want you to talk to me. I get that you don't want to talk to Jared about whatever it is, but talk to me please." He urged. I could sense the care and compassion in his voice. I patted the bed next to me. He sat down.

"Back when they adopted me, I was scared that I would get beat here after what had happened for so many years but over time staying with Gen and Jared, I had completely lost that fear. I was comfortable and loved and safe and then when this happened, the fears came back. I know better than to think like that. I know better than to think Jared would hurt me. He said he understands, but I see how he looks at me. He looks at me so upset and so broken because I didn't trust him. He looks like he can cry any second and I can't change it. I screwed up in thinking he'd hurt me and I can't fix it. My relationship with him is ruined and I don't want it to be that way. He's never gonna forgive me for this, Jensen." I explained.

"Hey, it'll be ok. He's upset but he really does understand. He's sorry he made you feel scared. Your relationship will repair itself. Don't worry so much. He doesn't hate you."

"Can you send him in?" He nodded and left. Jared came in soon after.

"What's wrong? Why'd you storm out?"

"Look, I'm sorry. For everything. Our relationship is ruined and I can't do anything to fix it. You look at me with such sadness and guilt and it's my fault. I know better than to think you would hurt me. I know you say you understand why I left but I never should have thought you would hurt me. You're upset that I didn't trust you enough. I know you're never going to forgive me for this but I just want our relationship to be fixed." I explained.

"Our relationship is not ruined. I'm upset because I allowed myself to be overcome with emotions rather than being logical and talking with you. I shoved my own daughter away and that's what's killing me. I'm not upset because you didn't trust me more. I'm upset because I shoved you away. Who told you I'm not going to forgive you?"

"I just assumed that you wouldn't because you're mad."

"I'm not mad anymore. You're home and safe and I know the truth. I forgive you, Sarah. I still love you. It's ok."

"I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Sarah." We shared a hug before returning to everyone in the living room. I held my arm again that was hurting since the medicine had started to wear off. I hoped everyone would leave me alone about it. They didn't.

"Sarah, can we talk to you? Without Jared?" Gen asked, speaking for Jensen and Danneel as well. Jared left the room.

"What's up?"

"Why are you holding your arm in pain?"

"It doesn't matter." I replied.

"Yes it does." Gen rolled up my sleeve and saw some small bruises on my skin. "Did Jared do this?"

"Look, he was mad because when he tried to talk to me, I ran off. He grabbed me hard and told me not to run away while he's talking to me then he pulled me in for a hug. I'm not mad at him for it and I'm fine." I explained. I knew he flipped when he did it and I wasn't mad about it.

"That's not right. How could he hurt you like that?" Jensen asked.

"I'm fine. Cut him some slack." Jared came out just then.

"No, Sarah. They're right. I hurt you like I said I never would. Sorry doesn't cut it but I'm sorry. They have every right and reason to be mad." He added.

"Jared, how could you hurt her?" Gen asked. "Our own daughter, how could you do that when she was afraid of you hurting her in the first place?"

"Gen, I just-"

"Jared, stop. I'm not talking to you for a while." He sat down in silence.

"Mom, I'm fine. He freaked and that's what made him do it. He wasn't trying to hurt me and I understood that. I'm not mad at him at all for this. It's ok. He's not a bad guy."

"I get that but he still never should have laid a hand on you." She replied.

"Yeah. It's not right for him to grab you like that." Jensen chimed in.

"Ok. Yeah, it was wrong, but I know he did it unintentionally. Give him a break. He apologized for everything and we forgive each other so let it go." I snapped. They nodded and dropped it. We all hung out until it got late. Jensen, Danneel, and JJ left and we all headed to bed.

"Sarah, can we talk?" Jared asked. I nodded and he followed me to my room. "Can I uh, see your arm?" I nodded and showed him the black and blue marks. "Sarah, I'm so sorry."

"I know. It's ok."

"No it's not. Why did you keep defending me? I hurt you. I swore I never would."

"Because you weren't trying to be mean. You were mad and rightfully so. You took it out on me which I didn't like but I understood. It's ok. I'm not mad at you. It'll hurt for a little while but I'm ok. Don't worry so much." He nodded and we all went to bed.