Stressed

I woke up around 11 and called Gen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mom."

"Hey. So what happened yesterday? Why were they shooting so late?"

"Don't freak, but dad has a hairline fracture in his ankle. It's not very long or big so if he doesn't put any weight on it for the next few days, it will heal on its own. They are working him being hurt into the show and are filming only the scenes where he's sitting down or doing something where he can avoid weight for the next few days but that means they have to pull late nights. They're rewriting parts so he can do this and since they're pulling late nights, they agreed to give them the weekend off. They didn't finish filming until after 4 so we didn't get a chance to tell you. I should have texted sooner but it slipped my mind." I told her.

"Is he ok?"

"He's fine. He's in a lot of pain, but he's ok. He's hanging in there. How are my little bros? How are you?"

"I'm fine. The boys are good. They miss you. They want to talk to you." She handed the phone to Shep.

"Sarah!" He stated happily.

"Hey buddy. Are you being good for mommy?"

"Yeah." He paused. "Sarah read book."

"I can't read you a book if I'm not there, silly. I bet mommy would read to you if you asked." Suddenly Tom had the phone.

"I miss you, Sarah."

"I miss you too, Tom. Are you being good?"

"Yes. When will you and daddy be home?"

"I don't know, bud. There's a lot left to film. I tell you what, daddy and I will video call you this weekend ok?"

"Ok. Love you."

"I love you too. Give the phone back to mom." He gave it back to Gen.

"Tom's been kinda upset but he's ok. Just make sure Jared's staying off his ankle and that he's doing ok. I worry about him."

"Ok. I'll video chat on Saturday."

"Ok. Sounds good. Love you, kiddo."

"Love you too, mom." Clif texted me a while later and said he was there if I was ready. I told him I was and I went down to his car. Jared and I decided we would go get something to eat that day rather than me make something. I got to set and Jared looked beat. "You ok?"

"Yeah. Just the late night plus how much pain I'm in with my ankle is taking a toll. It's killing everyone. It's my stupid fault." He told me.

"It's not like you tried to get hurt. I know the cast. They're not mad at you for it. Let's go get lunch." We went to a burger place. "So what happened that made you hurt your ankle?"

"I don't know. I turned around quickly in my scene and something made a popping noise in my ankle and I was in a ton of pain and I hit the ground. I think I just turned wrong."

"Makes sense. Just curious." I replied. We ate our food and actually got to talk for a while. "I talked to mom too. I explained the gist of what's going on and she just said to make sure you stay off of your ankle. We should video chat on Saturday."

"Sounds good." He looked at his watch. "We should get back."

"Yeah we should. I'm glad I got to eat lunch with you."

"Me too. Only today and tomorrow left to film before we have the weekend off. You should go back to the apartment. I'm sure it's super boring on set and I don't want them thinking you're revealing things about the show to fans." He told me as we rode back to set.