Going Home

"Hey Tyler, can we talk?" I asked that day.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Please try not to be mad. Like I said, once filming is done, I'm going back home to be with my family and not taking roles from my agent. On top of that though, I'm going to quit this role too. It's too hard on me being away from my family. I know that sounds stupid since I'm an adult and I need to move on, but I've only had a family for 3 years. I can't lose it now. I'll be in town when my dad is up here filming so I will be around and I'll still date you. That is, if you still want to."

"Sarah, I get that you miss your family but you should follow your dreams. Everyone leaves the house someday." He replied.

"You just don't understand. Put yourself in my shoes. You lived your whole life being beaten and unloved and then you finally have a family. You can't honestly tell me that you'd rather act than see your family. The last time I talked to my mom was months ago and we were both upset and it didn't last long because she had to put my brothers to bed. I thought acting was the thing to do and that being on my own would be good for me but I don't know if it is. I always told myself that I would leave once I married someone and I think that's what I need to do. It's not normal to live with your parents for so long but then again, what about my life is normal?" I explained. I hoped he would still date me.

"I get it. If that's what you need to do to be happy, then do it. My only question is, would you be willing to take me with you when you go back home so the rest of your family can meet me? Yes I'm a fan of supernatural but I don't mean meet them because I admire them. I just think if I'm dating you while you're with family, I should meet them and they should meet me. And how are we ever going to see each other?"

"I'll ask my dad if you can come. And I'll see you because I'll stay with my dad when he's filming and with my mom and dad when he isn't. You still want to date me?"

"Yes. It makes things complicated but you're worth it. I love you."

"Thanks. I love you too. I'm gonna go tell the producer about quitting." Tyler nodded and I found the producer. "Sir, can I have a word with you?"

"Yes. What's the matter?"

"I'm finishing out the season but then I'm quitting."

"Why? You're so good at this show and it's been picked up for another season."

"I know. I just need to be with my family. I've only had a family for just over 3 years and although I love acting, I need to be with my family."

"Ok. I understand. We'll figure it out. Thanks for the heads up." I nodded and we all got to work on filming. The 2 weeks flew and Tyler and I were excited. Jared said he could come too and the only rule was that we couldn't go into each others' rooms alone and we had to lock our doors at night. We both agreed and were ready to go. We got on the plane without a hitch and were in Texas in no time.

"Tyler, there is one condition with you staying at our house besides being polite. You are not to share our address, general location, pictures, or anything of our house whatsoever." Jared told him.

"Understood. I respect your privacy. I'm a fan but I'm not a psycho fan." Jared nodded and we got in our cab and went home. We walked in and Gen instantly wrapped me in a hug.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I told her with tears in my eyes.

"Don't even say that. We'll talk later ok?" I nodded. She released me.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend Tyler. We've been together almost 6 months." She held out her hand to him.

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I'm a fan but I'm not psycho. I promise." They both chuckled. We all sat on the couch and hung out as Gen got to know Tyler. Suddenly the boys came out from playing and tackled me on the couch.

"Hey boys. How are you?"

"We missed you Sarah!"

"I missed you too. You boys still love me?" I asked.

"Yes. We love you." They both said back. I hugged them tightly.

"Tom, Shep, this is my boyfriend Tyler." I told them. They both waved at him.

"Can I get a high five?" He asked them. They thought that made him cool and were incessantly high-fiving him. We all laughed and just hung out for a while. It got pretty late quicker than we expected. "Hey, is it ok with everyone if I just head to bed? I'm feeling pretty tired. I've had some late nights lately." Tyler asked.

"Yeah of course. I'll show you your room." Jared offered.

"I want the three of us to talk." Gen spoke up once Jared and Tyler were out of the room. "We have some things to discuss. I'll go open a bottle of wine." I nodded. Jared came back soon after and joined us on the couch.