Opportunities

Things went well for a few days when I got a call that could either make everything even better or make things worse.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's John your agent. I have an offer for you. You have an offer for the lead in a new show. You have to come to Vancouver and meet with the producer to say you want it, but it's a huge offer. They'll pay for an apartment for you up here and meals and everything. They really want you for this role." He told me the name of the show so I could look it up.

"You're serious?"

"Yes. Absolutely. If you want the part, they start filming in 2 days."

"Wow. Um. Can I let you know by the end of today?"

"Yeah. I understand it's a big decision."

"Thanks." I hung up and looked up the show. It looked really exciting. It was some new Canadian action drama. I went out to Jared and Gen. "Mom, dad, I uh, I need to talk to you."

"What's wrong?" They asked.

"I got a call from my agent. There's a really great opportunity for me to have a lead role in an action drama. If I take it, I have to go to Vancouver and I have to leave tomorrow. It's a huge opportunity but I don't want to leave you two."

"Sarah, we knew this day would come. Either you'd get a huge role or you'd find something you want to pursue. It's ok. We've talked about this before. If you want the role, you can take it." Gen told me seriously and gently.

"You wouldn't be mad?"

"Mad? Why? You're following your dreams and that's all we want for all our kids. You should go for it. I'll try to see you when I'm out there filming. As long as you keep in touch, I'm all for it." Jared added.

"Thanks." I gave them both hugs. I texted my agent and told him I'd do it. He told me when my flight was and I got started on packing. Jared and Gen helped and I was all packed for the next day. We spent the rest of the day hanging out and invited Jensen and Danneel over too. I didn't want to leave but at the same time it was a huge break for my career. Midnight rolled around quicker than I thought and we went to bed. I left first thing in the morning. I gave everyone hugs once we were up starting with my little brothers. "Shep, be good for mommy and daddy ok?" He nodded.

"Don't go, Sarah." Tom begged.

"I'm sorry, buddy. I have to go. I love you. Be good. I'll try to call when I can."

"I will. I love you too, Sarah." I hugged Gen next.

"Mom, I- I don't even know what to say. I don't want to go but at the same time it's a chance of a lifetime." She just hugged me.

"I know, sweetie. We'll keep in touch." I nodded.

"Sarah, I don't want you to go either but I am so proud of you. You're gonna be amazing in this part. Keep in touch with me and I'll try to meet you for lunches or dinners or something when I'm filming."

"Ok. I'll keep in touch with everyone." My cab pulled up soon after and I went to the airport. I flew through security and got to Vancouver in no time.

Everything flew by in the blink of an eye. I loved my role and I had a cute love interest on the show. I was confident he had a girlfriend so I didn't try to take it anywhere but it was still nice to have a cute love interest. My hours never fit with Jared's so I never really saw him in person and I barely had time to text him or Gen. They both understood that though.

One day, I went into set and my costar Tyler wanted to talk. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I nodded. We stepped off to the side away from everyone else.

"What's up?"

"I swear this has nothing to do with the show but would you maybe want to go out with me sometime? I'm starting to like you not just your character." He asked.

"Yeah. I'd love to. Apparently you don't have a girlfriend." He shook his head.

"How about a late dinner after filming tonight?"

"Sounds good." We went and filmed all day before going to a little restaurant and stuffing our faces out of hunger. We talked and laughed and I was falling in love with him more and more as the night drug on. We went our separate ways around 11 and I fell asleep in perfect bliss. I dated Tyler for a few months before I figured it was time Jared and Gen met him. I hadn't been home to tell them even. We filmed so much and my agent kept finding me roles to do on breaks so I never really saw Jared or Gen.

"What's up, kiddo?" Jared asked when he answered.

"When are you free for dinner this week?"

"I'm off on Wednesday."

"Ok. I'm taking a day to see you. Would it be ok if I bring someone to dinner with us?"

"Yeah. How about we meet at the burger place we always hung out at at 7 on Wednesday? Which also happens to be tomorrow. Where does the time go?"

"That works. I miss you."

"I miss you too." I was excited to finally see him again after all this time.