Chapter 12

I was stuck at home since Blake was insistent on keeping me there. He didn't trust me, I knew, which hurt. It also hurt that he was limiting my freedom. Blake was changing and deep down, I knew it was for the worse.

"Luna," Blake said next to me on my bed. "I'm going to a meeting today."

A smile began to appear on my face as I looked at him, surprised. Finally. Finally I would be able to leave the house. His words were the best news ever.

"Really?" I asked, pouting. "You are?"

"Yeah, but we'll only be gone for a few hours," he said, smiling as he ruffled my hair. "We'll be back before you know it."

I pretended to be sad and Blake quickly hugged me. He then told me he needed to get ready, so he left the room. When there was no sight of him, I did a little happy dance and got up. Excitement filled me and I knew it had been too long since I'd seen Haiden.

Going downstairs, I went to see Peter and Chelsea. Wanting to know specifically how long they'd be gone, I went to where they were in the kitchen. They were dressed in a suit and dress, so delightedly I realized they'd be gone for all of dinner.

"Hey Luna," Chelsea said upon seeing me, smiling. "Did Blake tell you we're leaving?"

"Yeah, he just did," I said. "He didn't say for how long, however."

"For four hours," she answered. "It's a long meeting. We're going over ways to improve our business."

At the thought of the cafe, I couldn't help but feel offended. Still I wondered why I wasn't invited to attend the meetings. I thought I was an important member, but it seemed like I wasn't. Knowing I would be bothered about it for a while, I decided to be straight up and ask.

    "If you don't mind me asking, how come I'm not allowed to attend meetings?" I asked.

    Chelsea froze and Peter looked at me from where he was at the fridge. Both of them looked uneasy and I wondered if their answer would be that I wasn't actual family. Although I knew that, it would hurt. So looking down, I hoped to get their answer over with.

"Luna, it's not like you're not allowed," Chelsea said, sounding cautious of her words. "But..."

"Hey Mom and Dad!" Blake shouted, storming down the stairs. "What should I-"

Suddenly the front door flew open with a slam, causing me to jump. The Daniels whirled to look at the door and in came Lydia and another member of The Demons, Dashawn. He was the handsome one with chocolate coloured skin. I would've been in awe of his looks, but he looked ready to kill as Lydia and him walked towards us.

Blake ran towards me and he hugged me. I wondered why and tried to move away, but he wouldn't let me go. I stayed in his arms, staring at Lydia and Dashawn who had now reached the kitchen.

"You," Peter said, his voice full of hate. "What are you two doing here?"

"You know why we're here," Lydia said, smirking. "The real question is, will we get what we want without a fight?"

To my utter surprise, Peter pulled out a gun from his suit jacket. Chelsea followed his lead and pulled out a thin sword from beneath her skirt. My eyes went wide as they stepped forward, looking ready to fight. I couldn't believe my own eyes.