Chapter 22

Breakfast was scarily quiet with The Demons. Usually it was tense, but there would be some sort of conversation occurring between the members. But today everyone was deadly quiet and I felt uneasy as I knew Lydia was glaring at me.

    I had woken up at six in the morning and saw human Haiden was lying a few meters away, staring up at the sky. Memories of the night before filled me then and blushing, I had asked shyly if we should go back to their hideout. Haiden agreed and we had went back, but not without anyone not noticing us. When we entered the house, Lydia was sitting on the couch, fuming.

    Haiden had went to her immediately, seeming to coax her with his words to go upstairs. They then went together and I went to the couch, crashing immediately because I was exhausted. When I woke up I saw Saniya and she was smiling at me, seeming amused. I had blushed at that, knowing she had a feeling something went down yesterday.

"Lydia, there's no need to glare at Luna," Haiden said, causing me to look up at Lydia.

    She rolled her eyes at Haiden's words and shot me a dirty look. I shuddered, noticing how hateful it was. Lydia hated me and it wasn't like my hate for her. Her hate was dark and real and I wondered if I should be worried about my safety.

    "Lydia," Haiden said, growing impatient. "Leave Luna alone."

    Lydia got up then and walked over to him. She leaned down and crashed her lips onto his, surprising us all. And to my disappointment, Haiden kissed her back. She smiled at that and I looked away since I felt like someone had stabbed my heart.

    When I looked back, I saw that Lydia was sitting on Haiden's lap and my heart felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. It hurt so much to see Haiden with another girl. And at that, I knew I really did love Haiden.

    "I'm full," I said, getting up. "I'll be in the living room. Don't worry, I won't be running off."

    Without waiting for a response, I rushed into the living room and fell onto the couch. Curling into a ball, I closed my eyes and thought back to the past. I remembered the days Haiden and I held hands and I remembered how right it felt. I also remembered how much I had wanted to kiss him back then and feeling my heart stir, I knew I was beginning to want the same thing again.

    "Luna, they all went out," Saniya said, causing my eyes to fly open.

    Saniya was standing in the living room. She walked over to the fireplace and turned it on, leaving me watching her. I wondered why she had an interest in me, but I didn't say anything about it.

    "They went out?" I asked, confused.

    "Haiden and Lydia went somewhere and Dashawn and Taylor did too," Saniya said. "I have no idea where, but I think the tense breakfast we had led to everyone wanting fresh air."

   "Sorry." My voice grew quiet. "I didn't mean to make things... Tense."

   "It's not your fault, it's Lydia's. She gets jealous really easily."

    I could tell she did, but it was understandable when her boyfriend was Haiden. No one would want to lose a man like that, which led to my heart dropping. I had lost him and so far, it seemed like I would never get him back.

   "So you were out yesterday," Saniya said, sitting in front of the fireplace. "With Haiden. Come here so we can talk about it."

    I didn't know what compelled me, but I got up from the couch and sat next to Saniya. Although it was morning, the living room was quite dim due to the fact that it didn't have windows. And due to that, the fireplace was the only true source of light we had and it made us glow in a haunting way.