Epilogue

"Where are you going Luna?" Chelsea asked, limping to where I stood at the front door.

Peter and Blake soon joined her, looking curious as well. But deep down I knew they knew where I was going. I had been going there for the past month.

"To the forest," I answered, bringing smiles to my guardian's faces.

"To see Haiden?" Peter asked, looking amused.

I couldn't help but blush. My family tended to tease me about Haiden ever since they noticed how close we were. It was embarrassing and I wondered why they teased me when Haiden and I weren't even dating.

"No, not today," I said honestly. "I just want to take a walk and..."

"The forest is beautiful and calming." Chelsea smiled. "Go ahead Luna. After everything you deserve to have time to yourself."

"Yeah Luna, you deserve it after all you've done for us," Peter said, smiling as well.

"Just don't get lost," Blake teased. "I'm too lazy to go help you out today."

I grinned at my family and waved goodbye as I walked outside. As I began to walk to the forest, I thought about how lucky I was. Out of all the families I could've been a part of, I was blessed to be a part of The Daniels family. Forever would I be thankful for that because they were great people.

    It was thanks to them that The Demons only got probation. Instead of ending up in jail like Taylor, Peter and Chelsea had fought for them, explaining how most of their serious crimes were done when they were minors. They were still children, they explained and children deserved to have a chance at redemption. The judge agreed with that and now The Demons were free of the demon hunters. They just had to do voluntary work and have guards watching them when they were in town, but The Demons were fine with that. It was better than the alternative, which was rotting away in jail like Taylor. I had loved my guardians more than anything in the world at the moment, knowing they had fought so hard for me rather than The Demons.

    Soon I reached the forest and I walked into it, smiling as I took in how beautiful the greenery was. As I walked I looked around and thought back to all the moments I shared in it with Haiden. Most of them were pleasant and with a warm feeling blossoming in my stomach, I headed to my favourite spot. It had been a while since I had went there and I missed it.

    Walking there, I thought about Haiden and of how he lived alone in his original hideout. He and I saw each other often. We would often talk and fill each other in with what happened during the past five years.

    Haiden and I were definitely getting much closer, but I wondered if I was making a difference in his life. I also wondered what I was to him since we weren't officially dating. Truth be told, Haiden didn't even know I loved him yet.

    I soon reached the rose field and I stopped in my spot and admired it, thinking about how it could withstand everything. Smiling again, I thought that was just like Haiden and I's relationship. After all we'd been through, somehow we managed to stay close. It was a long and hard journey to bring us back to the way we were, but it was worth it. Knowing that, I decided that maybe it didn't matter if Haiden and I were just friends. As long as we were together, I was happy.

    I walked to the dirt path then and I walked down it towards the centre of the rose field. Soon I reached it and my eyes flew wide when I saw Haiden there, sitting on the log we used to sit on. We had never gone to the rose field in the past month, which made me grin as I knew that this place was important to him too, due to our past.

    "Hey," I said, walking over to where he sat.

     Haiden looked at me then and he immediately smiled. I smiled back and sat next to him on the log, finding my heart racing. I thought back to the days where Haiden tried his hardest to push me away and I knew we came a long way.