Chapter 34

Stunned, I stared at the demon hunters who were approaching us quickly. In the centre of the hoard of them I saw Peter and Blake, looking as serious as possible as they marched their way towards us. I felt sick at the sight, but I didn't do anything but stare at Peter, not knowing what to do.

The Demons were now back outside. They stood at Haiden's side, looking ready to fight. To my surprise they looked confident and at ease, which I couldn't believe. It was five of them versus a hundred demon hunters. No matter how strong they were, it would be a tough battle.

When the demon hunters neared us, Peter finally seemed to realize I was there, standing in front of Haiden. He seemed shocked when he saw me, his eyes widening and all, but then his eyes hardened. Peter looked betrayed and ashamed, causing me to look away. But, I could still feel Peter's eyes on me.

Haiden stepped to my side then, bringing my attention to him. He looked serious yet confident, and I wondered how. I didn't understand how they were all so calm, but I was glad to see they all seemed determined. All of them were ready to fight until the end.

Soon the demon hunters stood a few meters away. They stared at us, looking angry and hateful, and we stared back. Our expressions were neutral and as they lifted their guns, I noticed that Haiden tensed. I felt sick as I realized a war between them was actually going to happen.

"I'm tired of your ways," Peter said, aiming his gun at Haiden. "I'm tired of you terrorizing our townspeople. We don't care anymore. Your death is what will be good for everyone."

My eyes widened in horror at Peter's harsh words. They were cruel and I felt ashamed that he was my guardian. No matter what anyone did, death shouldn't be their punishment. Not when they could have redemption.

"So Luna," Peter said. "Come here. Now. I can't believe you went to them, but... You're young. We make mistakes, so just come here and we'll pretend nothing happened."

"No," I said immediately. "You can't kill them. You guys shouldn't be fighting. This won't solve anything."

"Come here Luna."

I shook my head vigorously. There was no way I'd go over to them. No way when they would kill Haiden and his gang. So standing proudly where I was, I stared at Peter with an aura of defiance.

"Fine," Peter said after a few minutes, sighing heavily. "We'll ask The Demons to surrender for you. If they don't, we won't hold anything back."

I looked at Haiden then and with my eyes, I pleaded for him to surrender. Fighting never solved anything and if Haiden went back to jail and explained his point of view, I hoped he would be let out in a years time. It was hopeful thinking, but it was better than thinking about how he could possibly die if he didn't agree to what they wanted.

Haiden stared back at me, his eyes full of understanding. I felt relieved at that and surprised because for five years Haiden had been fighting. He had been running and hiding from the hunters, doing crimes that would add onto his sentence. I couldn't believe he was willing to give up everything now, but then I thought back to what I learned about love. Love had a way of making you do questionable things and I found my heart racing as I realized I had left an impact on Haiden.

But to my shock, Taylor screamed, "Never!"

Peter's gun went off and Haiden lunged to the side. He grabbed me as the demon hunters began to run towards us and pushed me away from the fight. I landed on the ground and quickly sat up, watching as The Demons ran at the demon hunters as well. Horrified, I couldn't believe the scene in front of me.