Chapter 6: New job

Yoonhye's P.O.V.

I scrolled through all those works suggestions on the Internet boringly. I don't even know what work I should pick. Actually, I'm not interested in anything. I love writing stories, but I am lazy to write.

My phone rang. I looked at it and found that it was an unknown number. I picked it up, hoping that it is from any jobs that I had asked earlier.

"Yeoboseyo?" It was a man.

"Hello."

"Is this Lee Yoonhye?"

"Yes I am."

"Good afternoon, Miss Lee. My name is Choi Yoojin."

"Ahh, annyeonghaseyo Mr. Choi."

"I saw your post and I am not sure if you're interested in the job that I want to offer."

"What is the job?"

"Assistant."

"Umm, to be specific...assistant of what?"

"Assistant of an artist."

"Nothing much. If you're interested in it, I'll explain to you about the details."

"Alright. I'll think about it for a while. I'll call you before the day ends, Mr. Choi."

"Okay. Hope to hear good news from you."

As the call ended, I continued on scrolling through all those websites, until the doorbell of my house rang.

I ran to the door and opened it. I was surprised when I saw the man yesterday standing in front of my door.

He held up the box and shook it slightly then asked, "Is this from you?"

I looked at the box and then looked back at him. So, he's my new neighbor? Well, somehow Song was right. He's a weird one. "Yeah, it is. So, you lived next neighbor?" I asked him. He nodded without saying anything.

I smiled and extended my hands to him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Yoonhye." I have to be nice to him, even if I think that he's weird. He's my neighbor after all.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked out of nowhere. As soon as I asked the question, I felt regret. What is wrong with me? Damn it.

He hesitated for a while, and then asked, "Can I?" I just smiled and stepped aside. "Of course, please."

After he got in, I headed to the kitchen, looking for drinks. I only found a few sachets of tea. I guess it's Taemin who put it here. Well, I don't really drink tea, actually.

"I just moved here so there isn't much food here. Do you want some tea?"

"It's okay, I'm fine with anything." He answered.

Right now, in my mind, I wanted to slap myself. Taemin had warned me that not to bother my neighbor no matter what happened, but yet I'm inviting him into my house right now.

"I'm sorry for yesterday. I just happened to mistaken you as my friend." He said after I placed down the teas on the table.

I chuckled softly and said, "It's fine. I look alike with your friend?"

"You resemble her. Really much." He nodded and said.

"I wish I can meet her." I smiled and said.

He took a sip of the tea, and said silently, "She had passed away." His voice was surprisingly calm when he said that.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. Once again, I wanted to slap myself. He shook his head slightly and stood up from the couch. "I have to leave now, thank you for the tea, and the rice cake."